Won't transfer on syncing.

Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Won't transfer on syncing.

Hendrik Boom-2
I seem to have screwed up again.

I have a different recent revisions on the client and server, and the same
old revisions, yet when I sync nothing gets transferred.

I know that syncing from the client reaches the same database the server
uses, because when, immediately after doing the sync on the client, I do
anything involving the data base on the server, I get tne message
    mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked

Details

On client:

hendrik@midwinter:~/dv/fun/rackettown$ mtn log --brief --last=10
o   3292757161a37e2ff2fe1cfe76c982c19690cf84 [hidden email]
|    2019-09-01 07:58:15 PM com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown
o   ebe9e6745d1cec6e97a9c9ecf0e59217a88acdc5 [hidden email]
|    2019-09-01 07:56:06 PM com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown
o   d83df26a42248c3f01a76a17440eb40d2dd9f57f [hidden email]
|    2019-08-30 05:52:18 PM com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown
o   30e5d1503fe354720b2dc537a0be15dfa134ffb2 [hidden email]
|    2019-08-30 05:25:50 PM com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown
o   d167bdae9a6bc967db9d2a7a203be5fcfe9bd3c9 [hidden email]
     2019-08-30 04:38:28 PM com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown
hendrik@midwinter:~/dv/fun/rackettown$ mtn log --brief --next=10
o   3292757161a37e2ff2fe1cfe76c982c19690cf84 [hidden email]
     2019-09-01 07:58:15 PM com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown
hendrik@midwinter:~/dv/fun/rackettown$ mtn status
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Revision: 63c9e1dc9e49d3bea82fef7f16cb1a6d1f7ff9ec
Parent:   3292757161a37e2ff2fe1cfe76c982c19690cf84
Author:   [hidden email]
Date:     2019-09-01 08:14:48 PM
Branch:   com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown

Changes against parent 3292757161a37e2ff2fe1cfe76c982c19690cf84

no changes

hendrik@midwinter:



On server, the oldest two of these branches are the same.  Server has one
newer one, and client has several (different) newer ones;


hendrik@april:~/dv/fun/rackettown$ mtn log --last=10 --brief
o   0dcbeac502ab204eb0cb9ca92ff132698afa4635 [hidden email]
|    01/09/19 07:48:50 PM com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown
o   30e5d1503fe354720b2dc537a0be15dfa134ffb2 [hidden email]
|    30/08/19 05:25:50 PM com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown
o   d167bdae9a6bc967db9d2a7a203be5fcfe9bd3c9 [hidden email]
     30/08/19 04:38:28 PM com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown
hendrik@april:~/dv/fun/rackettown$ mtn status
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Revision: 6de736803a5ba38d42baa11a3580c2c5f9ce6317
Parent:   0dcbeac502ab204eb0cb9ca92ff132698afa4635
Author:   [hidden email]
Date:     01/09/19 08:20:24 PM
Branch:   com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown

Changes against parent 0dcbeac502ab204eb0cb9ca92ff132698afa4635

no changes

hendrik@april:~/dv/fun/rackettown$


Yet when I do mtn sync on the client, I get:

hendrik@midwinter:~/dv/fun/rackettown$ mtn sync
mtn: connecting to 'mtn://topoi.pooq.com/rackettown'
mtn:   include pattern  'com.pooq.hendrik.free.rackettown*'
mtn:   exclude pattern  ''
mtn: finding items to synchronize:
mtn: successful exchange with 'mtn://topoi.pooq.com/rackettown'
mtn:  bytes in | bytes out | revs in
mtn:       351 |       712 |     0/0
hendrik@midwinter:~/dv/fun/rackettown$


Nothing changes.


In case those revisions are already transferred (doubtful) I tried a mtn
merge:

On server:

hendrik@april:~/dv/fun/rackettown$ mtn merge
mtn: branch 'com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown' is already merged
hendrik@april:~/dv/fun/rackettown$

and on client:

hendrik@midwinter:~/dv/fun/rackettown$ mtn merge
mtn: branch 'com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown' is already merged
hendrik@midwinter:~/dv/fun/rackettown$


I am mystified.

-- hendrik


_______________________________________________
Monotone-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/monotone-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Won't transfer on syncing.

Hendrik Boom-2
today, for no obvious reason, I get error messages when I try to sync
whereas yesterday I did not.

On the client,

mtn: received warning from usher: Cannot fork server.
mtn: peer mtn://topoi.pooq.com/rackettown IO terminated connection in
working state (error)
mtn: error: I/O failure while talking to peer
'mtn://topoi.pooq.com/rackettown', disconnecting

And on the server,

 the usher log reports:

mtn: beginning service on 127.0.0.1 : 15014
mtn: accepted new client connection from 127.0.0.1 : 50444
mtn: allowed 'a2c97968e6b55baf0e06f14db3a9ab9631cf3e00' read permission for
'com.pooq.hendrik.free.rackettown*' excluding ''
mtn: allowed 'a2c97968e6b55baf0e06f14db3a9ab9631cf3e00' write permission for
'com.pooq.hendrik.free.rackettown*' excluding ''
mtn: finding items to synchronize:
/usr/bin/mtn: operation canceled: Terminated
mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked

Don't know why the operation was cancelled, but the database locked messages
result from requesting sync repeatedly.  Yes, I wait a while between syncs.
What could cause the database to remain locked for hours?

-- hendrik

On Sun, Sep 01, 2019 at 08:31:04PM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> I seem to have screwed up again.
>
> I have a different recent revisions on the client and server, and the same
> old revisions, yet when I sync nothing gets transferred.
>
> I know that syncing from the client reaches the same database the server
> uses, because when, immediately after doing the sync on the client, I do
> anything involving the data base on the server, I get tne message
>     mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
>
> Details
>
> On client:
>
> hendrik@midwinter:~/dv/fun/rackettown$ mtn log --brief --last=10
> o   3292757161a37e2ff2fe1cfe76c982c19690cf84 [hidden email]
> |    2019-09-01 07:58:15 PM com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown
> o   ebe9e6745d1cec6e97a9c9ecf0e59217a88acdc5 [hidden email]
> |    2019-09-01 07:56:06 PM com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown
> o   d83df26a42248c3f01a76a17440eb40d2dd9f57f [hidden email]
> |    2019-08-30 05:52:18 PM com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown
> o   30e5d1503fe354720b2dc537a0be15dfa134ffb2 [hidden email]
> |    2019-08-30 05:25:50 PM com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown
> o   d167bdae9a6bc967db9d2a7a203be5fcfe9bd3c9 [hidden email]
>      2019-08-30 04:38:28 PM com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown
> hendrik@midwinter:~/dv/fun/rackettown$ mtn log --brief --next=10
> o   3292757161a37e2ff2fe1cfe76c982c19690cf84 [hidden email]
>      2019-09-01 07:58:15 PM com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown
> hendrik@midwinter:~/dv/fun/rackettown$ mtn status
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Revision: 63c9e1dc9e49d3bea82fef7f16cb1a6d1f7ff9ec
> Parent:   3292757161a37e2ff2fe1cfe76c982c19690cf84
> Author:   [hidden email]
> Date:     2019-09-01 08:14:48 PM
> Branch:   com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown
>
> Changes against parent 3292757161a37e2ff2fe1cfe76c982c19690cf84
>
> no changes
>
> hendrik@midwinter:
>
>
>
> On server, the oldest two of these branches are the same.  Server has one
> newer one, and client has several (different) newer ones;
>
>
> hendrik@april:~/dv/fun/rackettown$ mtn log --last=10 --brief
> o   0dcbeac502ab204eb0cb9ca92ff132698afa4635 [hidden email]
> |    01/09/19 07:48:50 PM com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown
> o   30e5d1503fe354720b2dc537a0be15dfa134ffb2 [hidden email]
> |    30/08/19 05:25:50 PM com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown
> o   d167bdae9a6bc967db9d2a7a203be5fcfe9bd3c9 [hidden email]
>      30/08/19 04:38:28 PM com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown
> hendrik@april:~/dv/fun/rackettown$ mtn status
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> Revision: 6de736803a5ba38d42baa11a3580c2c5f9ce6317
> Parent:   0dcbeac502ab204eb0cb9ca92ff132698afa4635
> Author:   [hidden email]
> Date:     01/09/19 08:20:24 PM
> Branch:   com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown
>
> Changes against parent 0dcbeac502ab204eb0cb9ca92ff132698afa4635
>
> no changes
>
> hendrik@april:~/dv/fun/rackettown$
>
>
> Yet when I do mtn sync on the client, I get:
>
> hendrik@midwinter:~/dv/fun/rackettown$ mtn sync
> mtn: connecting to 'mtn://topoi.pooq.com/rackettown'
> mtn:   include pattern  'com.pooq.hendrik.free.rackettown*'
> mtn:   exclude pattern  ''
> mtn: finding items to synchronize:
> mtn: successful exchange with 'mtn://topoi.pooq.com/rackettown'
> mtn:  bytes in | bytes out | revs in
> mtn:       351 |       712 |     0/0
> hendrik@midwinter:~/dv/fun/rackettown$
>
>
> Nothing changes.
>
>
> In case those revisions are already transferred (doubtful) I tried a mtn
> merge:
>
> On server:
>
> hendrik@april:~/dv/fun/rackettown$ mtn merge
> mtn: branch 'com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown' is already merged
> hendrik@april:~/dv/fun/rackettown$
>
> and on client:
>
> hendrik@midwinter:~/dv/fun/rackettown$ mtn merge
> mtn: branch 'com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown' is already merged
> hendrik@midwinter:~/dv/fun/rackettown$
>
>
> I am mystified.
>
> -- hendrik
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Monotone-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/monotone-devel

_______________________________________________
Monotone-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/monotone-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Won't transfer on syncing.

Tim Brownawell
On Mon, 2019-09-02 at 17:19 -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:

> today, for no obvious reason, I get error messages when I try to
> sync
> whereas yesterday I did not.
> [...]
> mtn: finding items to synchronize:
> /usr/bin/mtn: operation canceled: Terminated
> mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
> mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
> mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
> mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
> mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
> mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
> mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
> mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
> mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
>
> Don't know why the operation was cancelled, but the database locked
> messages
> result from requesting sync repeatedly.  Yes, I wait a while between
> syncs.
> What could cause the database to remain locked for hours?

Is there another process with that file open? And if so, what's its
parent process?



> On client:
>
> hendrik@midwinter:~/dv/fun/rackettown$ mtn log --brief --last=10
> o   3292757161a37e2ff2fe1cfe76c982c19690cf84
> [hidden email]
>
[...]
> On server, the oldest two of these branches are the same.  Server has
> one
> newer one, and client has several (different) newer ones;
>
>
> hendrik@april:~/dv/fun/rackettown$ mtn log --last=10 --brief
> o   0dcbeac502ab204eb0cb9ca92ff132698afa4635 [hidden email]
>
>    01/09/19 07:48:50 PM com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown
[...]

> Yet when I do mtn sync on the client, I get:
>
> hendrik@midwinter:~/dv/fun/rackettown$ mtn sync
> mtn: connecting to 'mtn://topoi.pooq.com/rackettown'
> mtn:   include pattern  'com.pooq.hendrik.free.rackettown*'
> mtn:   exclude pattern  ''
> mtn: finding items to synchronize:
> mtn: successful exchange with 'mtn://topoi.pooq.com/rackettown'
> mtn:  bytes in | bytes out | revs in
> mtn:       351 |       712 |     0/0
> hendrik@midwinter:~/dv/fun/rackettown$
>
>
> Nothing changes.

The branch name for the include pattern does not match the branch name
on the revisions (the "fun" component is missing).

--
Tim


_______________________________________________
Monotone-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/monotone-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Won't transfer on syncing.

Hendrik Boom-2
On Wed, Sep 04, 2019 at 12:32:04AM -0500, Tim Brownawell wrote:

> On Mon, 2019-09-02 at 17:19 -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> > today, for no obvious reason, I get error messages when I try to
> > sync
> > whereas yesterday I did not.
> > [...]
> > mtn: finding items to synchronize:
> > /usr/bin/mtn: operation canceled: Terminated
> > mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
> > mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
> > mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
> > mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
> > mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
> > mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
> > mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
> > mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
> > mtn: error: sqlite error: database is locked
> >
> > Don't know why the operation was cancelled, but the database locked
> > messages
> > result from requesting sync repeatedly.  Yes, I wait a while between
> > syncs.
> > What could cause the database to remain locked for hours?
>
> Is there another process with that file open? And if so, what's its
> parent process?

There wasn't that  knew of.  Of course there might have been some dead
process that left the file locked when it died.

>
>
>
> > On client:
> >
> > hendrik@midwinter:~/dv/fun/rackettown$ mtn log --brief --last=10
> > o   3292757161a37e2ff2fe1cfe76c982c19690cf84
> > [hidden email]
> >
> [...]
> > On server, the oldest two of these branches are the same.  Server has
> > one
> > newer one, and client has several (different) newer ones;
> >
> >
> > hendrik@april:~/dv/fun/rackettown$ mtn log --last=10 --brief
> > o   0dcbeac502ab204eb0cb9ca92ff132698afa4635 [hidden email]
> >
> >    01/09/19 07:48:50 PM com.pooq.hendrik.free.fun.rackettown
> [...]
> > Yet when I do mtn sync on the client, I get:
> >
> > hendrik@midwinter:~/dv/fun/rackettown$ mtn sync
> > mtn: connecting to 'mtn://topoi.pooq.com/rackettown'
> > mtn:   include pattern  'com.pooq.hendrik.free.rackettown*'
> > mtn:   exclude pattern  ''
> > mtn: finding items to synchronize:
> > mtn: successful exchange with 'mtn://topoi.pooq.com/rackettown'
> > mtn:  bytes in | bytes out | revs in
> > mtn:       351 |       712 |     0/0
> > hendrik@midwinter:~/dv/fun/rackettown$
> >
> >
> > Nothing changes.
>
> The branch name for the include pattern does not match the branch name
> on the revisions (the "fun" component is missing).

Of course that would do it!  I thought I had carefully checked all that.
Evidently not carefully enough.

Thank you.

I've always thought monotone runs flawlessly once it's set up properly.
But getting the setup right is hard.

-- hendrik

>
> --
> Tim
>

_______________________________________________
Monotone-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/monotone-devel