OK, let me first confess that I am not expert in XML-RPC etc. So what
I am talking about here might have some obvious solution which I might
not be aware of.
I have been using weblogger for a while to maintain a couple of tech
blogs. And since these are tech blogs, they do have a lot of code
snippets thrown in. I am using wordpress with SyntaxHighlighter
evolved plugin to maintain these blogs.
When I use weblogger to edit my blog entry, all the special characters
in the blog, mainly <,>,&, and " appear XML-escaped like <, >,
& etc. And since these characters appear a lot in the code snippets
that I put on my blogs, this becomes a big nuisance.
So I am using the following hack in my configuration to help solve the
> When I use weblogger to edit my blog entry, all the special characters
> in the blog, mainly <,>,&, and " appear XML-escaped like <, >,
> & etc. And since these characters appear a lot in the code snippets
> that I put on my blogs, this becomes a big nuisance.
Since XML-RPC wraps your content with XML, any XML characters
(especially <) has to be escaped.
Complicating this is the fact that (right now) weblogger.el thinks your
content is pure HTML. Which means that if you're writing content that
contains HTML characters that should be treated as source code, then
you should write them in an escaped fashion.
Wrapping content in CDATA might help here, but it won't solve the
In the end, weblogger.el needs to have some understanding of your
content. It needs to know if you are intending to write pure HTML or if
you're expecting the server to format the code.