Xlog and Hamlib ...

gliderpilot
Folks,

I compiled from the source the latest release of Xlog  2.0.19 running Ubuntu 20.04 with the latest HamLib 4.1  (http://n0nb.users.sourceforge.net/) and tested it with a Kenwood TS-890S.  I found the "Band" frequencies was the only success data transferred from the radio.   Xlog was unable to get the data for "Mode", "Power".   I tested Hamlib 4.1 and was successful getting these parameters using rigctl on the TS-890S.    Has anyone else have any issue using the latest release of Hamlib and Xlog?

73's, Oscar (N6PAZ).

Sent from ProtonMail, encrypted email based in Switzerland.

Re: Xlog and Hamlib ...

Andy Stewart-2
On 10/15/20 11:38 AM, [hidden email] wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I compiled from the source the latest release of Xlog  2.0.19 running Ubuntu
> 20.04 with the latest HamLib 4.1  (http://n0nb.users.sourceforge.net/) and
> tested it with a Kenwood TS-890S.  I found the "Band" frequencies was the only
> success data transferred from the radio.   Xlog was unable to get the data for
> "Mode", "Power".   I tested Hamlib 4.1 and was successful getting these
> parameters using rigctl on the TS-890S.    Has anyone else have any issue using
> the latest release of Hamlib and Xlog?
>
> 73's, Oscar (N6PAZ).
>
> Sent from ProtonMail <https://protonmail.ch>, encrypted email based in Switzerland.

HI Oscar,

Mode should have worked.  I'm not sure about power.  I have not tested Xlog on
Ubuntu 20.*, nor have I tested it with Hamlib 4.1.  I would use the Hamlib
rigctl program to verify that Hamlib is working correctly.

73,

Andy

--
Andy Stewart (KB1OIQ)
Vice President: PART of Westford, MA (WB1GOF)