aborting a merge

Hendrik Boom-2
Let's say I do a propagate from a main branch to a development branch.
I get dumped into emacs merge to sort things out.
Let's further say the emacs merge gets too hairy.  I need to do
the merge more slowly with other tools, or perhaps start the merge
over again, with more insight.

How do I get out of emacs merge mode without letting monotone
think the merge has been completed?

I want to get back to the unmerged state so I can proceed with
the complicated step-by-step merge tools exquisitely explained in
the manual.

-- hendrik

Re: aborting a merge

Stephen Leake-3
Hendrik Boom <[hidden email]> writes:

> Let's say I do a propagate from a main branch to a development branch.
> I get dumped into emacs merge to sort things out.
> Let's further say the emacs merge gets too hairy.  I need to do
> the merge more slowly with other tools, or perhaps start the merge
> over again, with more insight.
>
> How do I get out of emacs merge mode without letting monotone
> think the merge has been completed?

Don't save the buffer; that will tell monotone to abort.

--
-- Stephe