application/pkcs7-signature smime.p7s

Axel Jantsch-2
Hello,

What is the right/best way to handle incoming
mime parts   application/pkcs7-signature  ?

I know how to decrypt those parts with openssl but I would like to
replace the original mime part with the decrypted result.

How can I do this?

Best,
Axel

--
Axel Jantsch, Prof. of Systems on Chip
TU Wien
Web: www.ict.tuwien.ac.at

Re: application/pkcs7-signature smime.p7s

Ralph Corderoy
Hi Axel,

> What is the right/best way to handle incoming
> mime parts   application/pkcs7-signature  ?
>
> I know how to decrypt those parts with openssl but I would like to
> replace the original mime part with the decrypted result.

I don't know, but replacing one MIME part in an email sounds like it's
in mhfixmsg(1)'s domain.  Perhaps it could grow some kind of filter-part
option whereby application/pkcs7-signature can be specified and the
command used to filter looked up, just as mhfixmsg-format-text/html is
now.

(I've often thought a delete-part would be useful for all those
corporate-signature images tacked onto the end of every email.)

David?

Cheers, Ralph.

Re: application/pkcs7-signature smime.p7s

David Levine-3
Hi Ralph,

I don't know, but replacing one MIME part in an email sounds like it's
in mhfixmsg(1)'s domain.  Perhaps it could grow some kind of filter-part
option whereby application/pkcs7-signature can be specified and the
command used to filter looked up, just as mhfixmsg-format-text/html is
now.

(I've often thought a delete-part would be useful for all those
corporate-signature images tacked onto the end of every email.)

I agree with both.  As far as implementation goes, I won't have time in the near future but would be glad to review patches, etc.

David

Re: application/pkcs7-signature smime.p7s

Ken Hornstein-2
>I agree with both.  As far as implementation goes, I won't have time in the
>near future but would be glad to review patches, etc.

I'd really really like it if the feature wasn't specific to mhfixmsg;
running "show" on a S/MIME message should also do the right thing.  But
that is a tougher problem to crack, sadly.

--Ken