b2, consistent URLError after 48 hours

duplicity-talk mailing list
I'm using 0.7.11 and getting the following. It always occurs a few minutes short of 48 hours runtime (per `time`).

Attempt 1 failed. URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer>
Writing duplicity-full-signatures.20170130T192012Z.sigtar.gpg
Giving up after 4 attempts. URLError: <urlopen error [Errno 104] Connection reset by peer>

Perhaps the b2_get_upload_url has expired? There's no stacktrace, so I'm guessing. I do see that sigtar file is almost 20gb, so I'm not surprised it takes some serious time to upload. Do I need to use the (somewhat confusing) --max-blocksize to make the sigtar files smaller?

-ted

Re: b2, consistent URLError after 48 hours

duplicity-talk mailing list
Ted,

20GB is a serious size for te sigtar. unfortunately there is currently no way to split those like data volumes.

this leaves you w/ 2 options
- minimize your backup set, especially the number of files
or
- debug the backend you are using to survive the upload url timeout
.

probably you'd go for number one .. but two would be benefiting others as well, up to you.. ede/duply.net