binding <print> (Print Screen) key?

Eric S Fraga
Hello,

I'd like to bind the Print Screen key on my keyboard to the *top-map* to
execute the appropriate command to do a screen grab (import from
ImageMagick).  What is the syntax for the binding?  In emacs, I use
"<print>" but this does not work in StumpWM...

Apologies if this is the wrong list to post into.  I don't see a
[...].stumpwm.user list anywhere (well, maybe reddit, I guess).

Many thanks,
eric

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, org 9.1.3

Re: binding <print> (Print Screen) key?

Stefan Reichör
Hi Eric,

you can ask StumpWM to describe a key:
<command key> : describe-key <RET>

Followed by
<command key> : copy-last-message <RET>

Then you can just insert the name.

On my system this gives:
SunPrint_Screen is not bound.

Stefan.

On Monday, 27 Nov 2017 at 16:04, Stefan Reichör wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> you can ask StumpWM to describe a key:
> <command key> : describe-key <RET>
>
> Followed by
> <command key> : copy-last-message <RET>
>
> Then you can just insert the name.

Thanks.

"Print" seems to be the right description for my key and I've bound it
okay now.

--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, org 9.1.3