boto3 + gs://

duplicity-talk mailing list
Hi all,

How might I go about using the new boto3 backend with Google buckets
(gs://), is it possible?  Downstream in Arch, the movement to try and
get duplicity re-parented from py2 to py3 has run into outstanding
boto bugs with GS which will never get fixed (or, they're github fixes
which will never get a formal release now) - the py3 branch of boto is
broken even more than the py2 branch for gs:// so we need to get over
to boto3, IMHO, and just ditch boto.

I tried the obvious boto3+gs:// method but that fails outright, so I'm
thinking maybe the newest code just hasn't been extended to the GS
buckets? Or is there another config method I'm just missing (I think
it's the former, though).

Thanks!
-te

py2 boto: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/65036
py3 boto: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/65239

Re: boto3 + gs://

On 25.01.2020 14:07, Troy Engel via Duplicity-talk wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> How might I go about using the new boto3 backend with Google buckets
> (gs://), is it possible?  Downstream in Arch, the movement to try and
> get duplicity re-parented from py2 to py3 has run into outstanding
> boto bugs with GS which will never get fixed (or, they're github fixes
> which will never get a formal release now) - the py3 branch of boto is
> broken even more than the py2 branch for gs:// so we need to get over
> to boto3, IMHO, and just ditch boto.
>
> I tried the obvious boto3+gs:// method but that fails outright, so I'm
> thinking maybe the newest code just hasn't been extended to the GS
> buckets? Or is there another config method I'm just missing (I think
> it's the former, though).

that's right. while s3 via boto3 was contributed a port (if possible) for google cloud storage is still missing. ..ede/duply.net

Re: boto3 + gs://

duplicity-talk mailing list
On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 8:00 AM edgar.soldin--- via Duplicity-talk
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> that's right. while s3 via boto3 was contributed a port (if possible) for google cloud storage is still missing. ..ede/duply.net

Understood, thank you Edgar - I figured it was/is a work in progress,
these things take time. :)

Much appreciated,
-te

Re: boto3 + gs://

On 25.01.2020 15:18, Troy Engel via Duplicity-talk wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 25, 2020 at 8:00 AM edgar.soldin--- via Duplicity-talk
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> that's right. while s3 via boto3 was contributed a port (if possible) for google cloud storage is still missing. ..ede/duply.net
>
> Understood, thank you Edgar - I figured it was/is a work in progress,
> these things take time. :)

i'd say man power, but it boils down to the same. it's only done if someone does it :)

> Much appreciated,
> -te

have fun.. ede/duply.net