cache space

duplicity-talk mailing list
Dear all,

I am new to this mail list, and I am a new user of duplicity. I like it and I use it to back up my mac via fink.

There is a thing about  ~/.cache/duplicity:  at each backup more and more files are accumulated there
increasing the size of that folder. I deleted all those files, but at next backup duplicity reconstruct all
those files.

Is it this normal?

Thanks for the advise

Giuliano

_

Giuliano Franchetti

Storage Rings/ Accelerator Operations

Office:         C26 1.019
phone:       +49 6159 71 1535
fax:             +49 6159 71 3099
[hidden email]
http://web-docs.gsi.de/~giuliano

GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Planckstraße 1, 64291 Darmstadt, Germany, www.gsi.de

Commercial Register / Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 1528
Managing Directors / Geschäftsführung:
Professor Dr. Paolo Giubellino, Dr. Ulrich Breuer, Jörg Blaurock
Chairman of the Supervisory Board / Vorsitzender des GSI-Aufsichtsrats:
State Secretary / Staatssekretär Dr. Georg Schütte

Commercial Register / Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 1528
Managing Directors / Geschäftsführung:
Professor Dr. Paolo Giubellino, Ursula Weyrich, Jörg Blaurock
Chairman of the Supervisory Board / Vorsitzender des GSI-Aufsichtsrats:
Ministerialdirigent Dr. Volkmar Dietz

Re: cache space

duplicity-talk mailing list
Hi,

This is normal for duplicity to do.  The cache space can be cleared if needed, but should only take up a small amount of space relative to the backup itself.  You can use duplicity's --remove-* commands to selectively remove backups you no longer need.  That will clear the cache as well.  The cache is used for commands like --list-current-files and others.

...Thanks,
...Ken