chicken and native threads?

Raffael Cavallaro
Would it be possible to use native threads from chicken - I'm on Mac
OS X? What sort of havoc would this wreak with the chicken gc, stack
etc? I'm assuming that chicken's lightweight threads are user threads
- that is, all threads run in a single process which doesn't use
multiple CPUs the way native threads do.

regards,

Ralph

Raffael Cavallaro, Ph.D.

Re: chicken and native threads?

felix winkelmann
Native threads are not supported in the moment. Chicken
depends on a single stack (and tests the location of data
during GC by comparing pointers to previously set stack-limits).

cheers,
felix