completed tasks on a plan page

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

completed tasks on a plan page

Ryan Krauss-2
I have a newbie question.  I wanted to create a new plan for a certain task, so I just typed in the name I wanted that new plan page to be called when prompted when calling planner-create-task-from-buffer.  Planner let me do this and seems to have created my new plan page for me.  I can go to that new plan page and see the group of tasks and some notes.  The only problem is that tasks don't show up as completed on my new plan page and if I try and mark them as completed there, I get a message that the buffer is read only.  I went to the bash shell and made the muse file writable, but that didn't help.  The tasks do show up as completed on the page for today.  I would really like to have them marked as completed on the plan page as well.

Did I need to do something special to create the plan page first?  Is something else going on?  Is this the expected behavior?

Thanks,

Ryan

_______________________________________________
Planner-el-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gna.org/listinfo/planner-el-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: completed tasks on a plan page

Suno Ano

 Ryan> do show up as completed on the page for today. I would really
 Ryan> like to have them marked as completed on the plan page as well.

are you using planner-multi? You have to in order to put tasks/notes
across several pages (plan and/or day pages that is).




_______________________________________________
Planner-el-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gna.org/listinfo/planner-el-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: completed tasks on a plan page

Ryan Krauss-2
Thanks.  I didn't know that.  I will make sure I am then.

Ryan

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 2:01 PM, Suno Ano <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Ryan> do show up as completed on the page for today. I would really
 Ryan> like to have them marked as completed on the plan page as well.

are you using planner-multi? You have to in order to put tasks/notes
across several pages (plan and/or day pages that is).




_______________________________________________
Planner-el-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gna.org/listinfo/planner-el-discuss


_______________________________________________
Planner-el-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gna.org/listinfo/planner-el-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: completed tasks on a plan page

Ryan Krauss-2
Just a clarification: I am not trying to assign the same task to multiple plans, I am just not using TaskPool for the plan of this task.  Do I still need to use planner-multi?

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 5:18 PM, Ryan Krauss <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thanks.  I didn't know that.  I will make sure I am then.

Ryan


On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 2:01 PM, Suno Ano <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Ryan> do show up as completed on the page for today. I would really
 Ryan> like to have them marked as completed on the plan page as well.

are you using planner-multi? You have to in order to put tasks/notes
across several pages (plan and/or day pages that is).




_______________________________________________
Planner-el-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gna.org/listinfo/planner-el-discuss



_______________________________________________
Planner-el-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gna.org/listinfo/planner-el-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: completed tasks on a plan page

Suno Ano

[skipping a lot of lines ...]

 Ryan> The tasks do show up as completed on the page for today. I would
 Ryan> really like to have them marked as completed on the plan page as
 Ryan> well.

[skipping a lot of lines ...]

 Ryan> Just a clarification: I am not trying to assign the same task to
 Ryan> multiple plans, I am just not using TaskPool for the plan of this
 Ryan> task. Do I still need to use planner-multi?

yes, if you put one task onto several pages, then you need planner-multi
in order to for example set its status e.g. pending, done, open, etc.

Without planner-multi changing the status of a particular task would
only update the task on the current page but not all the other pages
carrying the same task.


_______________________________________________
Planner-el-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gna.org/listinfo/planner-el-discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: completed tasks on a plan page

John Sullivan-2
Suno Ano <[hidden email]> writes:

> [skipping a lot of lines ...]
>
>  Ryan> The tasks do show up as completed on the page for today. I would
>  Ryan> really like to have them marked as completed on the plan page as
>  Ryan> well.
>
> [skipping a lot of lines ...]
>
>  Ryan> Just a clarification: I am not trying to assign the same task to
>  Ryan> multiple plans, I am just not using TaskPool for the plan of this
>  Ryan> task. Do I still need to use planner-multi?
>
> yes, if you put one task onto several pages, then you need planner-multi
> in order to for example set its status e.g. pending, done, open, etc.
>
> Without planner-multi changing the status of a particular task would
> only update the task on the current page but not all the other pages
> carrying the same task.

No, this isn't right. By default, the status of a task will be updated
on its date page and its plan page. planner-multi is only needed if you
want to have multiple plan pages for one task.

Instead, try using planner-id. But really this should work by default --
are you maybe editing task descriptions by hand instead of using
planner-edit-task-description?

It sounds like something odd is going on, with buffers being read-only.
I'd need more information about your setup to figure out what's going on
there.

--
John Sullivan
Emacs Planner Maintainer
http://wjsullivan.net/PlannerMode.html
GPG Key: AE8600B6

_______________________________________________
Planner-el-discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
https://mail.gna.org/listinfo/planner-el-discuss