configure: test arbitrary compiler preprocessor conditions

configure: test arbitrary compiler preprocessor conditions

avih
This patch adds `ppif` function at `configure` which can test arbitrary
compiler preprocessor condition even when cross compiling.

Currently it's only used to detect x86-64 and i386 CPUs, but hopefully
it will be used to replace some config guesses or uname-related tests.

If there are no objections, I'll push it to mob soon.

0001-configure-allow-cc-tests-even-if-cross-compiling-tes.patch (2K) Download Attachment

Re: configure: test arbitrary compiler preprocessor conditions

avih

Pushed to mob as 84779b2 .

Also, pushed a minor change to conftest.c on Windows to output LF
rather than CRLF, which removes a spurious \r at $gcc_{major,minor}
when configure runs in cygwin sh ( a7eef33 ).