corrupt Ptree (showing up again) on keyserver.fabbione.net

corrupt Ptree (showing up again) on keyserver.fabbione.net

Fabio M. Di Nitto-3
Hi guys,

looking at the mailing list archive, I have found other 2/3 users with
this same problem, but no solution.

2010-04-16 18:29:04 Raising Sys.Break -- PTree may be corrupted:
Failure("remove_from_node: attempt to delete non-existant element from
prefix tree")
2010-04-16 18:29:04 <further catchup> callback interrupted by break.
2010-04-16 18:29:06 DB closed

I am running sks 1.0.10 and can´t update yet (machine is very old and
doesn´t have recent enough version of build tools, tho I´ll give it a try).

In the past few weeks this has been happening more and more often.

The only workaround so far, has been to get a fresh keydump, and rebuild
the DB/Ptree but doing this on a regular base isn´t exactly a solution
either.

FYI, rebuild has always been done offline, and using the suggested
default parameters from the example provided in the sources.

Cheers
Fabio

Re: corrupt Ptree (showing up again) on keyserver.fabbione.net

Fabio M. Di Nitto-3
On 4/19/2010 5:16 AM, Fabio M. Di Nitto wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> looking at the mailing list archive, I have found other 2/3 users with
> this same problem, but no solution.
>
> 2010-04-16 18:29:04 Raising Sys.Break -- PTree may be corrupted:
> Failure("remove_from_node: attempt to delete non-existant element from
> prefix tree")
> 2010-04-16 18:29:04 <further catchup> callback interrupted by break.
> 2010-04-16 18:29:06 DB closed
>
> I am running sks 1.0.10 and can´t update yet (machine is very old and
> doesn´t have recent enough version of build tools, tho I´ll give it a try).
>
> In the past few weeks this has been happening more and more often.
>
> The only workaround so far, has been to get a fresh keydump, and rebuild
> the DB/Ptree but doing this on a regular base isn´t exactly a solution
> either.
>
> FYI, rebuild has always been done offline, and using the suggested
> default parameters from the example provided in the sources.

Hi Yaron,

I am still running into this problem, again and again. Do you have any
idea what could cause it? Is there a fix out there that I can cherry
pick on top of 1.0.10?

thanks
Fabio