disable all voice comfort functions

Tom Piechotta
Hello,

I am a scientist at the Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute in Berlin. We use Linphone to control drones via the voice channel of mobile network. This has the advantage that voice data is prioritized in the mobile network and thus a short latency is guaranteed.

https://www.hhi.fraunhofer.de/en/press-media/news/2018/call-a-drone-controlling-drones-via-voice-channels.html

To communicate with the drones, we use Linphone on the ground station side. But now we have the problem that not all voice comfort functions can be switched off. We already have some settings in the Linphonerc file:

[sound]

ec_filter=MSWebRTCAEC

playback_dev_id=WASAPI: Lautsprecher (VB-Audio Virtual Cable)

capture_dev_id=WASAPI: CABLE-A Output (VB-Audio Cable A)

ringer_dev_id=WASAPI: VoiceMeeter Input (VB-Audio VoiceMeeter VAIO)

echocancellation=0

echolimiter=0

agc=0

remote_ring=C:\Program Files (x86)\Linphone\share/sounds/linphone/ringback.wav

playback_gain_db=0.000000

mic_gain_db=0.000000

Using only this Codec:

[audio_codec_4]

mime=PCMA

rate=8000

channels=1

enabled=1

We really only want to send and receive the data 1:1 as we generate it on the PC. However, it seems that the reception and the transmission signal influence each other in some way at the moment.

Can you tell me how to disable the corresponding functions in Linphone?

Kind regards

Tom Piechotta

Re: disable all voice comfort functions

jehan.monnier
Hi,

Can you elaborate a litle bit more on: «  it seems that the reception and the transmission signal influence each other in some way at the moment. »

Best regards

Le 9 janv. 2019 à 19:13, Tom Piechotta <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

Hi Jehan,

Thank you very much for the quick response.

There are two phenomena that seem to be independent:

1) If the same audio signal is transmitted and received at the same time, no sound reaches the remote station. Although the Linphone GUI displays an amplitude at the transmit signal at this moment. If you listen to this tone, the transmit signal is also intact. Even if you change the tone (the different tones have a constant amplitude) no signal will arrive. The only way to fix this is to mute the transmitted signal briefly. The received signal is not affected by this.

2) If the transmission signal already transmits before the call is received, the received signal is mixed proportionally into the transmission signal. This can also be heard by listening to the transmission signal in parallel with headphones. In addition, in this case the transmit signal is also coupled into the receive signal.

The remote station is a mobile radio module that is supplied with an STM microcontroller with audio data. If two of these modules communicate directly with each other via mobile radio, the described phenomena do not occur. Therefore the problem can only be caused by Linphone.

Kind regards

Tom Piechotta