enable runtime debug output?

Christian Herbig
This is probably a total new-person question, but is there a way to make the programs show debug messages while they are running.  The crashes I get when trying them are not at all helpful, for example:

Tachigami:~ slycooper$ gchemtable
libc++abi.dylib: terminate called throwing an exception
Abort trap: 6

so I thought that perhaps if there was a flag to send it that would make it give more useful messages, I could help find the actual problems.

Re: enable runtime debug output?

Jean Brefort-2
The easiest way is to use a debugger such as gdb.

Cheers,
Jean