enigma and fedora 29-30

Kari Heino-2
Hello,

Enigma has not worked since December 2018 when I started using
Fedora 29. Now I have Fedora 30, and Enigma still does not work
properly. It starts fine, you can play about 20 seconds, but
stucks soon to the opening screen, where you select what level to
play. Sometimes it does not even quit, I have to kill the process
from the system.

My version of Enigma is (I think) 1.21. The latest anyway that is
available in standard Fedora repository. My OS is Fedora 30.

Fedora is, or was, my favorite game. Can I ever play it again?

If you want any more information about my system please ask.
--

  Kari Heino
  email: [hidden email]

Re: enigma and fedora 29-30

enigma-devel mailing list

Hi Kari,

sorry for the delay. I use Ubuntu, and I observe occassional freezes
which seem to be caused by the sound engine. Let's assume that this is
the same bug you describe. Then try to disable music and sound (in the
menu and/or by starting enigma with options --nomusic and --nosound).
This might do the trick for the time being (it did for me at least).
Please write us, whether this solves your problem.

The next release of Enigma (whenever this will be) should better switch
to SDL 2, which might already solve this bug. However, this needs time.

Best,
Andreas