error when building freetype egg

Kristian Lein-Mathisen

Hi,

When I chicken-install freetype, I get this:

/home/klm/.chicken-install/cache/freetype/freetype.c: In function ‘stub2714’:
/home/klm/.chicken-install/cache/freetype/freetype.c:820:6: error: ‘FT_GlyphSlotRec’ {aka ‘struct FT_GlyphSlotRec_’} has no member named ‘reserved’
 g2615->reserved = g2616;

Here's the line that's causing that the problem:

If comment that out, it seems to work. I'm on Arch Linux with freetype2 Version 2.10.0-1.

Maybe someone can look into a proper fix for this. Thanks,
K.

Re: error when building freetype egg

Vasilij Schneidermann-2
Hey Kristian,

> When I chicken-install freetype, I get this:
>
> /home/klm/.chicken-install/cache/freetype/freetype.c: In function
> ‘stub2714’:
> /home/klm/.chicken-install/cache/freetype/freetype.c:820:6: error:
> ‘FT_GlyphSlotRec’ {aka ‘struct FT_GlyphSlotRec_’} has no member named
> ‘reserved’
>  g2615->reserved = g2616;

I can reproduce this.  It's a breaking change in freetype.h:

    FT_UInt glyph_index; /* new in 2.10; was reserved previously */

> Maybe someone can look into a proper fix for this. Thanks,

I suspect you'd have to do some ugly preprocessor/cond-expand tricks.
Help with the latter is welcome :)  Freetype2 gives us the
FREETYPE_MAJOR/_MINOR/_PATCH macros (useful at build time) and the
FT_Library_Version function (useful at run time) to determine the
current version.

Re: error when building freetype egg

Kooda
Vasilij Schneidermann <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey Kristian,
>
> > When I chicken-install freetype, I get this:
> >
> > /home/klm/.chicken-install/cache/freetype/freetype.c: In function
> > ‘stub2714’:
> > /home/klm/.chicken-install/cache/freetype/freetype.c:820:6: error:
> > ‘FT_GlyphSlotRec’ {aka ‘struct FT_GlyphSlotRec_’} has no member named
> > ‘reserved’
> >  g2615->reserved = g2616;
>
> I can reproduce this.  It's a breaking change in freetype.h:
>
>     FT_UInt glyph_index; /* new in 2.10; was reserved previously */
>
> > Maybe someone can look into a proper fix for this. Thanks,

Fixed in the 0.3 release of the egg.

I just removed the code that generated accessors and setters to that
struct slot. They probably aren’t used by anyone.