fluidsynth with Jack for midi in and midi out

fluidsynth with Jack for midi in and midi out

Reinhold Hoffmann

Hi,

We use the lib of fluidsynth 2.1.5 (libfluidsynth) under the LGPL license on Windows created with VS2019 for x64. Recently we have enabled Jack. For Jack audio all is perfect but when using Jack midi we have found that the implementation may not be complete. In particular we have not found a way to create and register midi out ports for Jack and use those in a similar way in Jack as for midi in.

Does Jack midi out requires enhancements in fluidsynth or have we just overlook something?

Or, do we need to use Jack natively and not through fluidsynth interfaces (which we want to avoid)?

Minor question: Is there a way to change the name of the Jack midi ports from "midi_00" etc. to a customized names?

Any help, comments and/or recommendations are highly appreciated.

Thx

Reinhold

Re: fluidsynth with Jack for midi in and midi out

fluid-dev mailing list
> In particular we have not found a way to create and register midi out ports for Jack and use those in a similar way in Jack as for midi in.

If you want to create additional jack ports and manage connections
between them, you must use Jack's API. Fluidsynth doesn't expose any
functionality of the underlying audio / midi drivers.

Note that you can use the "midi.autoconnect" setting to tell
fluidsynth to connect to readable jack midi ports automatically.

> Is there a way to change the name of the Jack midi ports from "midi_00" etc. to a customized names?

No.

Tom

Re: fluidsynth with Jack for midi in and midi out

Reinhold Hoffmann
Thanks. For the immediate response and hint.

Reinhold

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----