geo-replication won't start

Nux!
Hi,

I'm trying for the first time ever the geo-replication feature and I am
not having much success (CentOS7, gluster 6.5).
First of all, from the docs I get the impression that I can
geo-replicate over ssh to a simple dir, but it doesn't seem to be the
case, the "slave" must be a gluster volume, doesn't it?

Second, the slave host is not in the subnet with the other gluster
peers, but I reckon this would be the usual case and not a problem.

I've stopped the firewall on all peers and slave host to rule it out,
but I can't get the georep started.

Creation is successfull, however STATUS won't change from Created.
I'm looking through all the logs and I can't see anything meaningful.

What steps could I take to debug this further?

Cheers,
Lucian

Community Meeting Calendar:

APAC Schedule -
Every 2nd and 4th Tuesday at 11:30 AM IST
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/836554017

NA/EMEA Schedule -
Every 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 01:00 PM EDT
Bridge: https://bluejeans.com/486278655

Gluster-devel mailing list

Re: [Gluster-users] geo-replication won't start

sacharya
Hi Lucian,

Slave must be a gluster volume. Data from master volume gets replicated into the slave volume after creation of the geo-rep session.

You can try creating the session again using the steps mentioned in this link https://docs.gluster.org/en/latest/Administrator%20Guide/Geo%20Replication/#creating-the-session.

Regards,
Shwetha