getting ready for the CQWW CW

Joop Stakenborg-4
Hello girls and boys,

I can't seem to get the correct rules file for the CQWWCW this weekend.
In the CQWW both the CQ zone and the country count as a multiplier. I have:

MY_COUNTRY_POINTS=0
MY_CONTINENT_POINTS=1
DX_POINTS=3
MULT_LIST=zones.txt
DX_&_SECTIONS

Looks good okay?

The first QSO I make with DL1AA in zone 14: 1 point, 1 multiplier for
country (should be 2, one for country and one for section)

The second QSO with W2GD in zone 5: 3 points, 1 mutiplier for section
(should be 2, one for country and one for section)

Is my setup okay?

Regards,

Joop PG4I

Re: getting ready for the CQWW CW

Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS
Hi Joop,

On Thu, Nov 21, 2019 at 10:30:35PM +0100, Joop Stakenborg wrote:

> Hello girls and boys,
>

> I can't seem to get the correct rules file for the CQWWCW this weekend. In
> the CQWW both the CQ zone and the country count as a multiplier. I have:
>
> MY_COUNTRY_POINTS=0
> MY_CONTINENT_POINTS=1
> DX_POINTS=3
> MULT_LIST=zones.txt
> DX_&_SECTIONS
>

> Looks good okay?

just fyi, Tlf supports CQ-WW "out-of-box", this contest is
"hardcoded".

From the man tlf:

It supports the CQWW, WPX, ARRL-DX, ARRL-FD, STEWPERRY, PACC and
EU SPRINT contests as well as a lot more basic contests, ...

so this is enough:

CONTEST=cqww
LOGFILE=cqww.log
CONTEST_MODE

F1=+++TEST ---% +++TEST---
F2=%

(note: of course, you can put more "+" to the begin of the TEST...  :))

> The first QSO I make with DL1AA in zone 14: 1 point, 1 multiplier for
> country (should be 2, one for country and one for section)
>
> The second QSO with W2GD in zone 5: 3 points, 1 mutiplier for section
> (should be 2, one for country and one for section)
>

> Is my setup okay?

I think just try that one above.

73, Ervin
HA2OS