hahn: chicken 5 port

Robert Jensen
Hello,

I ported hahn to chicken 5. You can find the release here:

All the best,
Rob

Re: hahn: chicken 5 port

Mario Domenech Goulart-4
Hello Robert,

On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 23:19:10 -0400 Robert Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I ported hahn to chicken 5. You can find the release here:
>
> https://github.com/klutometis/hahn/releases/tag/0.10

Thanks!  It has been added to the coop.

Please consider providing documentation for it to the wiki.

All the best.
Mario
--
http://parenteses.org/mario

Re: hahn: chicken 5 port

Vasilij Schneidermann-2
Hey Robert,

> I ported hahn to chicken 5. You can find the release here:

Just wondering, are you its maintainer now?  If yes, then there's no
mention of it in the .egg file.

Vasilij

Re: hahn: chicken 5 port

Mario Domenech Goulart-4

On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 23:19:10 -0400 Robert Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I ported hahn to chicken 5. You can find the release here:
>
> https://github.com/klutometis/hahn/releases/tag/0.10

Apparently support for CHICKEN 4 has been removed, causing a significant
breakage in the CHICKEN 4 coop:
http://salmonella-linux-x86.call-cc.org/chicken-4-debugbuild/gcc/linux/x86/2019/04/12/yesterday-diff/

Please, restore CHICKEN 4 support for hahn.

All the best.
Mario
--
http://parenteses.org/mario

Re: hahn: chicken 5 port

Robert Jensen
Hello,

My apologies, I'm a little confused - I did remove the meta and setup file from the 0.10 tag, is that what's causing the issue here?

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 4:20 PM Mario Domenech Goulart <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 23:19:10 -0400 Robert Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I ported hahn to chicken 5. You can find the release here:
>
> https://github.com/klutometis/hahn/releases/tag/0.10

Apparently support for CHICKEN 4 has been removed, causing a significant
breakage in the CHICKEN 4 coop:
http://salmonella-linux-x86.call-cc.org/chicken-4-debugbuild/gcc/linux/x86/2019/04/12/yesterday-diff/

Please, restore CHICKEN 4 support for hahn.

All the best.
Mario
--
http://parenteses.org/mario

Re: hahn: chicken 5 port

Mario Domenech Goulart-4
Hi Robert,

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 17:04:08 -0400 Robert Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My apologies, I'm a little confused - I did remove the meta and setup
> file from the 0.10 tag, is that what's causing the issue here?

Indeed.  If you intend to use the same repo for both CHICKEN 4 and 5,
the egg must be installable by both CHICKEN 4 and 5 (you probably need
cond-expand to achieve that).

All the best.
Mario

> On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 4:20 PM Mario Domenech Goulart <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 23:19:10 -0400 Robert Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  > I ported hahn to chicken 5. You can find the release here:
>  >
>  > https://github.com/klutometis/hahn/releases/tag/0.10
>
>  Apparently support for CHICKEN 4 has been removed, causing a significant
>  breakage in the CHICKEN 4 coop:
>  http://salmonella-linux-x86.call-cc.org/chicken-4-debugbuild/gcc/linux/x86/2019/04/12/yesterday-diff/
>
>  Please, restore CHICKEN 4 support for hahn.
--
http://parenteses.org/mario

Re: hahn: chicken 5 port

Kristian Lein-Mathisen

Hi Robert,

If you want to support both C4 and C5. one way of doing it is to make two module files which does all the initial imports, and use one from the .egg file and the other from the .setup file. I'm doing this in https://github.com/kristianlm/chicken-minissh, for example. One module file is used by the .egg file for C5, and the other module file is pointed to be the setup script for C4.

Another approach is to have a single module file and then start with an (import chicken) which works on both C4 and C5, like this: https://github.com/Adellica/chicken-nanomsg/blob/master/nanomsg-module.scm

Hope that comes in handy,
K.

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 11:35 PM Mario Domenech Goulart <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Robert,

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 17:04:08 -0400 Robert Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My apologies, I'm a little confused - I did remove the meta and setup
> file from the 0.10 tag, is that what's causing the issue here?

Indeed.  If you intend to use the same repo for both CHICKEN 4 and 5,
the egg must be installable by both CHICKEN 4 and 5 (you probably need
cond-expand to achieve that).

All the best.
Mario

> On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 4:20 PM Mario Domenech Goulart <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 23:19:10 -0400 Robert Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  > I ported hahn to chicken 5. You can find the release here:
>  >
>  > https://github.com/klutometis/hahn/releases/tag/0.10
>
>  Apparently support for CHICKEN 4 has been removed, causing a significant
>  breakage in the CHICKEN 4 coop:
http://salmonella-linux-x86.call-cc.org/chicken-4-debugbuild/gcc/linux/x86/2019/04/12/yesterday-diff/

>  Please, restore CHICKEN 4 support for hahn.
--
http://parenteses.org/mario

Re: hahn: chicken 5 port

Robert Jensen
Thanks all - I just re-published hahn 0.10, restoring the .meta and .setup files & using cond-expand to support both import styles.

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 5:53 PM Kristian Lein-Mathisen <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Robert,

If you want to support both C4 and C5. one way of doing it is to make two module files which does all the initial imports, and use one from the .egg file and the other from the .setup file. I'm doing this in https://github.com/kristianlm/chicken-minissh, for example. One module file is used by the .egg file for C5, and the other module file is pointed to be the setup script for C4.

Another approach is to have a single module file and then start with an (import chicken) which works on both C4 and C5, like this: https://github.com/Adellica/chicken-nanomsg/blob/master/nanomsg-module.scm

Hope that comes in handy,
K.

On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 11:35 PM Mario Domenech Goulart <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Robert,

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 17:04:08 -0400 Robert Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My apologies, I'm a little confused - I did remove the meta and setup
> file from the 0.10 tag, is that what's causing the issue here?

Indeed.  If you intend to use the same repo for both CHICKEN 4 and 5,
the egg must be installable by both CHICKEN 4 and 5 (you probably need
cond-expand to achieve that).

All the best.
Mario

> On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 4:20 PM Mario Domenech Goulart <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 23:19:10 -0400 Robert Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  > I ported hahn to chicken 5. You can find the release here:
>  >
>  > https://github.com/klutometis/hahn/releases/tag/0.10
>
>  Apparently support for CHICKEN 4 has been removed, causing a significant
>  breakage in the CHICKEN 4 coop:
http://salmonella-linux-x86.call-cc.org/chicken-4-debugbuild/gcc/linux/x86/2019/04/12/yesterday-diff/

>  Please, restore CHICKEN 4 support for hahn.
--
http://parenteses.org/mario

Re: hahn: chicken 5 port

Robert Jensen
I will install c4 in another prefix to test.

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 18:24:33 -0400 Robert Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks all - I just re-published hahn 0.10, restoring the .meta and
> .setup files & using cond-expand to support both import styles.

Please note that if you change something that has already been released,
you need to tag a new release.  We have a cache of eggs source code on
our egg servers.  Once the egg servers fetch a release, they won't fetch
it again.  So, if you modify a release that has already been cached,
your changes won't be visible.  You need a new release.

All the best.
Mario

> On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 5:53 PM Kristian Lein-Mathisen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  Hi Robert,
>
>  If you want to support both C4 and C5. one way of doing it is to make two module files which does all the initial imports, and use one
>  from the .egg file and the other from the .setup file. I'm doing this in https://github.com/kristianlm/chicken-minissh, for example. One
>  module file is used by the .egg file for C5, and the other module file is pointed to be the setup script for C4.
>
>  Another approach is to have a single module file and then start with an (import chicken) which works on both C4 and C5, like this:
>  https://github.com/Adellica/chicken-nanomsg/blob/master/nanomsg-module.scm
>
>  Hope that comes in handy,
>  K.
>
>  On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 11:35 PM Mario Domenech Goulart <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  Hi Robert,
>
>  On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 17:04:08 -0400 Robert Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  > My apologies, I'm a little confused - I did remove the meta and setup
>  > file from the 0.10 tag, is that what's causing the issue here?
>
>  Indeed. If you intend to use the same repo for both CHICKEN 4 and 5,
>  the egg must be installable by both CHICKEN 4 and 5 (you probably need
>  cond-expand to achieve that).
>
>  All the best.
>  Mario
>
>  > On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 4:20 PM Mario Domenech Goulart <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  >
>  > On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 23:19:10 -0400 Robert Jensen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>  >
>  > > I ported hahn to chicken 5. You can find the release here:
>  > >
>  > > https://github.com/klutometis/hahn/releases/tag/0.10
>  >
>  > Apparently support for CHICKEN 4 has been removed, causing a significant
>  > breakage in the CHICKEN 4 coop:
>  > http://salmonella-linux-x86.call-cc.org/chicken-4-debugbuild/gcc/linux/x86/2019/04/12/yesterday-diff/
>  >
>  > Please, restore CHICKEN 4 support for hahn.
>  --
>  http://parenteses.org/mario

http://parenteses.org/mario

Re: hahn: chicken 5 port

Robert Jensen
Got it - I published 0.10.1 & tested locally with c4 salmonella.

http://parenteses.org/mario

http://parenteses.org/mario