how to track a certain task

Dong Wang-4
Hi, all,
I'm a new user of planner-el which is working for me well for past two days.
It's really a great software. I just love it.

Now, I have a question about how to track a task, in other words,
how to know when a task started.
Because I set planner-carry-tasks-forward to 3, everyday a task will
be deleted from
past day's page, and then I have no idea when it started, you know,
it's not good to
be insensible of  how long a task has lasted .

I read the Guide to Planner, I found 'planner-report.el' can creates a
status report for
a given timespan, but it's also not what I want.

Now, I task a temporary method of adding the start-date info to the
description of task,
any other  advices?

Thanks in advance.

Regards.

Dong Wang

Re: how to track a certain task

Suno Ano
 Dong> Now, I task a temporary method of adding the start-date info to
 Dong> the description of task, any other advices?

I think you are looking for planner-timeclock.el.

Re: how to track a certain task

John Sullivan-2
"Dong Wang" <[hidden email]> writes:

> Now, I task a temporary method of adding the start-date info to the
> description of task,
> any other  advices?

At one point in time I had code lying around that did this -- it added a
timestamp to each task when it was created. But I can't seem to find it
at the moment :(. I had planned to clean it up and include it, so I'll
find it eventually.

Depending on how you want to use the start date information, though, you
might find planner-deadline useful. It will show you how many days
overdue a task is.

--
John Sullivan
Emacs Planner Maintainer