how to tune duplicity for big files

duplicity-talk mailing list
Hello everybody,

My duplicity is low and runs on 100% cpu load for age. I am doig ba
backup of large files from 1GB to 100GB encrypted.

What can I do to speed this up?

change code?
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/duplicity/diffdir.py

use options?
--max-blocksize=number

Kind regards,

Jelle de Jong

Re: how to tune duplicity for big files

duplicity-talk mailing list
I would play with the block size before trying to make diffdir more efficient.  Possibly it could be an issue with GPG working hard and you might have to use a lower bit key.  It also may be a hash calculation on large files is causing the system to run out of memory and then thrashing.  In general duplicity runs efficiently and has no problem with backing up even very old machines with slow CPUs by modern standards.

-sth