is it possible to set auto-answer to always on and block turning it off

is it possible to set auto-answer to always on and block turning it off

Van Loggins
Hi,

I've been tinkering around with Linphone to see if it is possible to turn auto-answer on by default, and to also prevent it from being turned off.

My company uses a asterisk server and linphone for all of the call center representatives and some of the more intuitive reps have figured out how to turn this feature off, so they can avoid taking calls.

We need the ability to do this, can we either pay someone at linphone to do a custom version of the application, or provide us with info on how to edit the source code and compile our own version with that feature changed to meet our needs?

I tried tracking down the configuration file and changing the permissions to read-only (chmod 444) which didn't work, it just overwrites the file if you change the settings in linphone.

I also tried running the chattr +i command to set the file as immutable, and linphone just creates a new tmp config file with no accounts setup.

Thanks in advance for your help

Van Loggins

Re: is it possible to set auto-answer to always on and block turning it off

Vadim Lebedev
I suppose it's on Linux.

In file:  There is function
linphone-app/src/components/settings/SettingsModel.cpp

There is function:

bool SettingsModel::getAutoAnswerStatus ()

Change it to always return true.

Thanks
Vadim

Le mar. 18 août 2020 à 20:44, Van Loggins <[hidden email]> a écrit :
[...]

Peio Rigaux

Hello.

We can do a custom version of the application for you if you want.

In order to simplify the management of commercial requests, please use our TypeForm on https://linphone.org/contact#content-bottom3 (click on "Contact us").

This form helps us to target more precisely your needs and to give you better answers.

Do not hesitate if you have another requirements.

Once done, we will soon come back to you.

Regards,

Peio Rigaux
Junior Software Engineer
Linphone.org

Le 18/08/2020 à 20:43, Van Loggins a écrit :
[...]

0x99D28356FED78143.asc (3K) Download Attachment