java applets unusable ?

Mehul Sanghvi-2

I am attaching a screenshot with what I see on my screen.  Notice that the buttons that say "Cancel" and "OK"  are not showing.  This happens randomly, with some apps it works just fine, with others, like in this case with Cisco WebEx, it doesn't work.   This is interfering with me being able to do my job and attending online, internal conferences.

Any ideas/pointers/suggestions ?

--
Mehul N. Sanghvi
email: [hidden email]

20131008-092221-scrot.png (38K) Download Attachment

Re: java applets unusable ?

Mehul Sanghvi-2
On Tue, Oct 8, 2013 at 10:14 AM, Evan <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've run into this myself, and the problem is that it doesn't render
properly when in normal mode. If you make a new floating group and move
that window over to the floating group then resize it, you should be
able to select the buttons. There might be a way to have stump force the
window to be a certain size instead of full screen, but I'm not sure what.

-E

I'll have to read up on the floating groups.  Thanks for the pointers.  Hopefully there is a way to specify what windows can be in floating groups.

cheers,

      mehul

--
Mehul N. Sanghvi
email: [hidden email]

Re: java applets unusable ?

Michael Raskin-3
>> I've run into this myself, and the problem is that it doesn't render
>> properly when in normal mode. If you make a new floating group and move
>> that window over to the floating group then resize it, you should be
>> able to select the buttons. There might be a way to have stump force the
>> window to be a certain size instead of full screen, but I'm not sure what.
>>
>> -E
>
>I'll have to read up on the floating groups.  Thanks for the pointers.
> Hopefully there is a way to specify what windows can be in floating groups.

There are some other hacks…

I currently have

export _JAVA_AWT_WM_NONREPARENTING=1
export AWT_TOOKIT=MToolkit

For some Java programs this helps.

Re: java applets unusable ?

z_axis
https://github.com/sw2wolf/stumpwm/blob/master/misc/.stumpwmrc

Regards!
在 Tue, 08 Oct 2013 22:43:55 +0800,Mehul Sanghvi
<[hidden email]> 写道:

--
使用 Opera 革命性的电子邮件客户程序: http://www.opera.com/mail/