kernel 3.14 and Huawei 160

Noel Butler
So, this has been working fine for years, in fact still does, despite
the latest kernel upgrade from 3.12.x to 3.14.(10|12)

However since using 3.14.x  kernel and dmesg are flooded with

option1 ttyUSB0: option_instat_callback: error -2

device is identified as:
ID 12d1:1001 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. E620 USB Modem

Anyone seen this, and found a way to STF log flooding up ? :)
I'm about to reboot that box with kernel change to debug usb and see if
it shows anything more intelligible, but I wont hold my breath.

[FIXED]Re: kernel 3.14 and Huawei 160

Noel Butler

This is caused by a change in kernel->drivers->usb->serial->options.c , thie fix should be in next kernel

in the meantime, patch attached.

So, this has been working fine for years, in fact still does, despite the latest kernel upgrade from 3.12.x to 3.14.(10|12)

However since using 3.14.x  kernel and dmesg are flooded with

option1 ttyUSB0: option_instat_callback: error -2

3G.patch (610 bytes) Download Attachment