keys.nayr.net status

Ryan Hunt-3
This morning I experienced a drive failure at the noc, until I can access the server & repair the damage I am down and out.. depending on the array that failed I may be back up this evening or I might have to rebuild and that could extend into the weekend.

Regardless, I will be back and serving keys as soon as I can.

-R

Re: keys.nayr.net status

Ryan Hunt-3
root drive failed, the solid state disk w/the sks-db and my home
folder was safe.

Did a fresh install, found my etch amd64 sks deb and got the server
back up and running w/little effort (if anyone wants this leme know, I
noticed backports only has i386)

IPv6 & SSL are currently down, but everything else is working swell.
need to dig certs and ipv6 routes out of backup, the'll be back online
by weeks end.

My membership file was lost and the backup is kind of dated, If your
peered with me (or would like to be) please check that I have you on
my list  and let me know if you are not (see http://keys.nayr.net/pks/lookup?op=stats
  )

Cheers,
- R

On Feb 12, 2009, at 2:28 PM, Ryan Hunt wrote:

> This morning I experienced a drive failure at the noc, until I can
> access the server & repair the damage I am down and out.. depending
> on the array that failed I may be back up this evening or I might
> have to rebuild and that could extend into the weekend.
>
> Regardless, I will be back and serving keys as soon as I can.
>
> -R

Re: Re: keys.nayr.net status

John Clizbe-3

Re: Re: keys.nayr.net status

John Clizbe-3

Re: Re: keys.nayr.net status

Ryan Hunt-3

Re: Re: keys.nayr.net status

Alex Roper-2
It sounds like you got an up to date list, but if you (or anyone) needs a current keydump,
I'm currently testing the backup script and if all goes well you'll be able to find
backups at http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~pgp/backups/. There should be one for today by
midnight PST (about 8.5 hours) as the computer that's bzipping them isn't too beefy. I
think our server is pretty well synced by now, though we still have 5-10 keys streaming in
per hours, so the backup should be decently recent.

I'll add in to membership those of you who recently requested it that I didn't get to yet
later today; I'm late for lab.

Alex