keys.niif.hu is down. help needed

Gabor Kiss
Dear folks,

A few days ago keys.niif.hu was rebooted and the SKS could
not start any more. I tried to get a fresh dump and to rebuild
the database several times but it was a failure.
The indexing program always crashed when processing the 6th file.

I guess there is a poisoned key inside.
Maybe if I had have a keydump parser, I could filter out
the enormously large keys and I could rebuild my database.

Do you know a downloadable (not OCaml) program or library that can interpret
dump files or can I find documentation about the file structure?

(BTW. As far as I know after fall of keys.niif.hu there is only
one known source of keydumps: https://keyserver.mattrude.com/dump/current/.
Can we start to worry?)

Cheers

Gabor

Re: keys.niif.hu is down. help needed

brent s.
i have dumps though i might be out of sync.

you can try lowering the batches to import. it'll take longer to import but is safer.
see the notes in this section:

http://mirror.square-r00t.net/#dumps-importing

sent from my toaster.

On Jan 28, 2020 15:58, "Kiss Gabor (Bitman)" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear folks,

A few days ago keys.niif.hu was rebooted and the SKS could
not start any more. I tried to get a fresh dump and to rebuild
the database several times but it was a failure.
The indexing program always crashed when processing the 6th file.

I guess there is a poisoned key inside.
Maybe if I had have a keydump parser, I could filter out
the enormously large keys and I could rebuild my database.

Do you know a downloadable (not OCaml) program or library that can interpret
dump files or can I find documentation about the file structure?

(BTW. As far as I know after fall of keys.niif.hu there is only
one known source of keydumps: https://keyserver.mattrude.com/dump/current/.
Can we start to worry?)

Cheers

Gabor

Re: keys.niif.hu is down. help needed

Gabor Kiss
> i have dumps though i might be out of sync.
> you can try lowering the batches to import. it'll take longer to import but
> is safer.
> see the notes in this section:
>
> http://mirror.square-r00t.net/#dumps-importing

Many thanks. :-)