keyserver.brian.minton.name offline for a few days

keyserver.brian.minton.name offline for a few days

Brian Minton

PGP

Re: keyserver.brian.minton.name offline for a few days

PGP
Hi there,

We have the same problem, database keeps getting corrupt, where can we download a proper dump from?

ftp://keyserver.mattrude.com/current
Connecting to keyserver.mattrude.com (keyserver.mattrude.com)|2604:a880:2:d0::3c1d:6001|:21... failed: Connection refused.
Connecting to keyserver.mattrude.com (keyserver.mattrude.com)|138.68.241.223|:21... failed: Connection refused.

ftp://ftp.pramberger.at/services/keyserver/keydump/
No such directory ‘services/keyserver/keydump’.

https://pgp.key-server.io/dump/current/
mirror: Access failed: 403 Forbidden (/dump/current)

Greetings,
Melvin

On 05/12/2018 00:09, Brian Minton wrote:
I had a PTree error, so I'm rebuilding my db from a dump.  The import
process seems to take a day or two, so if you're peering with my sks
server, keyserver.brian.minton.name, please be patient.  Hopefully, it
will be back online soon.

thanks,
Brian Minton

Re: keyserver.brian.minton.name offline for a few days

vics-2

wget -mI /keydump/ -e robots=off http://keys.niif.hu/keydump/
PGP

Re: keyserver.brian.minton.name offline for a few days

PGP

Thank you for that link. But still resulting in an error, maybe you (someone else) can help us can solve this problem we keep on getting:

/var/lib/sks# rm -rf DB && time su debian-sks -c 'eatmydata /usr/sbin/sks build -n 5 -cache 512 dump/*.pgp'
DB time:  0.46 min.  Total time: 0.53 min.
DB time:  0.50 min.  Total time: 0.56 min.
DB time:  0.54 min.  Total time: 0.62 min.
su debian-sks -c 'eatmydata /usr/sbin/sks build -n 5 -cache 512 dump/*.pgp'  57.82s user 12.49s system 66% cpu 1:46.44 total
Greetings,
Melvin

On 05/12/2018 11:13, [hidden email] wrote:
On Wed, 5 Dec 2018 11:07:03 +0100, PGP [hidden email] wrote:

We have the same problem, database keeps getting corrupt, where can we
download a proper dump from?
wget -mI /keydump/ -e robots=off http://keys.niif.hu/keydump/

Re: keyserver.brian.minton.name offline for a few days

Cédric Félizard
On 12/4/18 11:09 PM, Brian Minton wrote:
> I had a PTree error, so I'm rebuilding my db from a dump

Same here, my database got corrupted around 3 AM on the 5th, which is
about the same time you sent your email. Therefore I wonder if this
could be a bug in sks? I can't see anything interesting in my logs though.

ced

On 2018-12-04 23:09, Brian Minton wrote:
> I had a PTree error, so I'm rebuilding my db from a dump.

Same here, my database got corrupted around 3 AM UTC on the 5th, which

ced

On 2018-12-05 11:09, PGP wrote:
> not 1 as expected: 4e")

I'm getting the same error using the dump from
https://keys.niif.hu/keydump/ (using normalbuild mode).

I tried using the fastbuild mode, the import finishes successfully
however the sks-recon daemon fails to start with this error:

>> Raising Sys.Break -- PTree may be corrupted:
>> Failure("remove_from_node: attempt to delete non-existant element from
>> prefix tree")

So it looks like the dump from keys.niif.hu got corrupted as well...

I will try using the dump from
https://keyserver.mattrude.com/dump/current/

Re: keyserver.brian.minton.name offline for a few days

Gabor Kiss
> So it looks like the dump from keys.niif.hu got corrupted as well...

Ooops!
Thanks for the heads-up.

I'll check it.

Gabor

Re: keyserver.brian.minton.name offline for a few days

Gabor Kiss
> > So it looks like the dump from keys.niif.hu got corrupted as well...
>
> Ooops!
> Thanks for the heads-up.
>
> I'll check it.

Actually I generated a new dump.

Gabor
--
A mug of beer, please. Shaken, not stirred.

ced

On 2018-12-06 14:07, Kiss Gabor (Bitman) wrote:
> Actually I generated a new dump.

Thank you very much. I was able to import this new dump without any
problems.