keywords don't become tags

Laura Conrad

I have the impression that in a wordpress blog, the keywords should
become tags.  For my blogs, they don't.

Both this and the previous report were on weblogger 1.4.3, installed
via the Packages system.

--
Laura   (mailto:[hidden email])
(617) 661-8097 233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

One very useful exercise is to ask a student to sing, just once, as
badly as they can. It's amazing what wonderful things come out when
you give them that permission.

Phillip Langridge, quoted in his New York Times obituary, March 8, 2010

Re: keywords don't become tags

Aaron Hammitt
This is a known issue, and it has to do with the way Wordpress handles the fields. I believe they are working on this, but the problem is that different sites use different fields for tags.

I have a version that I have patched, which uses the Keywords field for tags and the Summary field for excerpts, which works with Wordpress. It is not an official release but I can share it if you like.

Phillip Langridge, quoted in his New York Times obituary, March 8, 2010

Re: keywords don't become tags

Mark A. Hershberger
Aaron Hammitt <[hidden email]> writes:

> I have a version that I have patched, which uses the Keywords field for tags
> and the Summary field for excerpts, which works with Wordpress. It is not an
> official release but I can share it if you like.

Could you send it to me?  Or, if you're willing to add it to the version
on Launchpad, tell me what your id is there.

I'm struggling to understand what WP does with mt_keywords vs mt_tags
still. Any help there would be appreciated.

Mark.

--
http://hexmode.com/

Embrace Ignorance.  Just don't get too attached.