latex style using muse directives

Jim Ottaway
I have written a latex style that allows you to specify latex options
using the muse directives. So you can do things like

#latex-class-option +draft

to set the draft option for a particular document [so you can see bad
line breaks], or

#latex-package geometry hmargin=35mm top=25mm bottom=35mm
#latex-package setspace

to set the page size and double spacing

There are quite a few other directives that I have defined.  I think
it looks a very promising means of flexibly specifying document
options, both manually in documents and programmatically too.

There is an attempt at some documentation, as well.

I attach the file this time, but I won't keep posting the inevitably
many updates; the latest version is available in this archive:

Location: http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/jeho/archives/2005
Archive name: [hidden email]--2005
Branch: muse-stuff--jeho--1.0

Regards,

Jim Ottaway

jeho-latex.el (19K) Download Attachment

Re: latex style using muse directives

Trent W. Buck
Jim Ottaway <[hidden email]> writes:

> I have written a latex style that allows you to specify latex options
> using the muse directives. So you can do things like
>
> #latex-class-option +draft

Very interesting.  I've been doing hacky stuff in the template itself:

        http://twb.ath.cx/~twb/doc/muse/init.d/latex-header.tex
        http://twb.ath.cx/~twb/doc/muse/init.d/latex-footer.tex

but I can see that your approach is a good deal more flexible.

--
Trent Buck, Student Errant

Re: latex style using muse directives

Jim Ottaway

> Jim Ottaway <[hidden email]> writes:
>> I have written a latex style that allows you to specify latex options
>> using the muse directives. So you can do things like
>>
>> #latex-class-option +draft

> Very interesting.  I've been doing hacky stuff in the template itself:

> http://twb.ath.cx/~twb/doc/muse/init.d/latex-header.tex
> http://twb.ath.cx/~twb/doc/muse/init.d/latex-footer.tex

That looks interesting too: the muse things and the typography, as
well.

> but I can see that your approach is a good deal more flexible.

Yes, but I might have got carried away by reducing the header and
footer to one lisp expression each.

--
Jim Ottaway