libConfuse License?

Victor Gregorio
Hello all :)

Is libConfuse distributed under the GNU Lesser General Public License as
indicated at http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/confuse ?  The spec
file lists 'Copyright: ISC', but no 'License'.

We wish to distribute our own version of Ganglia 3.1.1, but need to link
in the libConfuse library.

Thank you,

--
Victor Gregorio
Penguin Computing

Re: libConfuse License?

Martin Hedenfalk-4
Hi Victor,

libconfuse is licensed under the following ISC license:

/*
  * Copyright (c) 2002,2003,2007 Martin Hedenfalk <[hidden email]>
  *
  * Permission to use, copy, modify, and distribute this software for
any
  * purpose with or without fee is hereby granted, provided that the
above
  * copyright notice and this permission notice appear in all copies.
  *
  * THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND THE AUTHOR DISCLAIMS ALL
WARRANTIES
  * WITH REGARD TO THIS SOFTWARE INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
  * MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE
LIABLE FOR
  * ANY SPECIAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY
DAMAGES
  * WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM LOSS OF USE, DATA OR PROFITS, WHETHER IN
AN
  * ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING
OUT OF
  * OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THIS SOFTWARE.
  */

I should update the savannah project page...

        -martin

16 jan 2009 kl. 22.48 skrev Victor Gregorio:

> Hello all :)
>
> Is libConfuse distributed under the GNU Lesser General Public
> License as
> indicated at http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/confuse ?  The spec
> file lists 'Copyright: ISC', but no 'License'.
>
> We wish to distribute our own version of Ganglia 3.1.1, but need to
> link
> in the libConfuse library.
>
> Thank you,
>
> --