libtool Version Mismatch Error When Compiling linphone-iphone

libtool Version Mismatch Error When Compiling linphone-iphone

powerqian
Hi,

I'm trying to compile the linphone-iphone but encountered the following error:

**IMPORTANT**
You don't seem to have the development package for libogg (libogg-devel) installed. Only the Speex library (libspeex) will be built (no encoder/decoder executable)
You can download libogg from http://downloads.xiph.org/releases/ogg/
Type "make; make install" to compile and install Speex
cd /Users/foo/Documents/Development/LinphoneSource/linphone-iphone/submodules/build/../build-i386-apple-darwin/externals/speex && make  && make install
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make  all-recursive
Making all in libspeex
/bin/sh ../libtool  --tag=CC   --mode=compile xcrun  clang -std=c99 -Qunused-arguments -Wno-unknown-warning-option -Wno-unused-command-line-argument-hard-error-in-future  -arch i386  -isysroot /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator.sdk -mios-simulator-version-min=5.0 -DTARGET_OS_IPHONE=1 -D__IOS -fms-extensions -Dsha256=polarssl_sha256 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I/Users/foo/Documents/Development/LinphoneSource/linphone-iphone/submodules/build/..//externals/speex/libspeex -I.. -I../include -I..    -Dasm=__asm  -O2 -fvisibility=hidden -MT cb_search.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/cb_search.Tpo -c -o cb_search.lo /Users/foo/Documents/Development/LinphoneSource/linphone-iphone/submodules/build/..//externals/speex/libspeex/cb_search.c
libtool: Version mismatch error.  This is libtool 2.4.4, but the
libtool: definition of this LT_INIT comes from libtool 2.4.2.
libtool: You should recreate aclocal.m4 with macros from libtool 2.4.4
libtool: and run autoconf again.
make[4]: *** [cb_search.lo] Error 63
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [build-speex] Error 2
make: *** [broadcast_all] Error 2

I tried to install the libtool 2.4.2 using MacPorts and HomeBrew both, but with no luck.

port installed libtool
  libtool @2.4.2_5 (active)

brew info libtool
libtool: stable 2.4.4 (bottled)
http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/
/usr/local/Cellar/libtool/2.4.2 (69 files, 2.5M) *
  Poured from bottle
/usr/local/Cellar/libtool/2.4.4 (69 files, 3.8M)
  Poured from bottle
From: https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/blob/master/Library/Formula/libtool.rb
==> Dependencies
Build: xz ✔
--universal
        Build a universal binary
==> Caveats
In order to prevent conflicts with Apple's own libtool we have prepended a "g"
so, you have instead: glibtool and glibtoolize.

I'm building the linphone-iphone to support arm64 architecture since Feb 1 is coming. Any idea to solve this issue?

Thanks.

Re: libtool Version Mismatch Error When Compiling linphone-iphone

powerqian
Hi,

I've found a solution related at http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3096989/libtool-version-mismatch-error and solved this issue by run the following command

autoreconf --force --install

in submodule/externals/speex

I saw someone is asking the same issue. Hope this would help.

Re: libtool Version Mismatch Error When Compiling linphone-iphone

Guillaume BIENKOWSKI-2
Hello,

Nice that you have a solution. On the other hand, I strongly advise you to not mix macport and brew.
This is very likely the cause of your mismatch, you must have built the first time with macport and then with brew.