links to Gnus messages

Sebastian P.Luque
Hi,

I use planner-gnus to create tasks and link with Gnus messages.
However, I used to be able to just hit enter on a planner task or note
containing a link to a message, and it would automatically take me to
the linked message.  No questions asked.  For a while now, I'm asked how
many messages to visit the Gnus Group with, which doesn't make any sense
because I'm asking to go to a single message.  Any advice on how to just
go to the freagin message?

Cheers,

--
Seb

Re: links to Gnus messages

John Sullivan-2
Seb <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I use planner-gnus to create tasks and link with Gnus messages.
> However, I used to be able to just hit enter on a planner task or note
> containing a link to a message, and it would automatically take me to
> the linked message.  No questions asked.  For a while now, I'm asked how
> many messages to visit the Gnus Group with, which doesn't make any sense
> because I'm asking to go to a single message.  Any advice on how to just
> go to the freagin message?

One thing that affects this is the value of gnus-large-newsgroup. Even
though you are just going to a single message, the group has to be
opened first, and if the group has more messages than the value of that
variable, you'll get prompted. So you could set it to a larger number,
or to nil, and see if you like that better.

--
John Sullivan
Emacs Planner Maintainer