linphone as default app in windows 10

Sergei Brehm
Hi there,

is it possible to use linphone as default app for telefon numbers?
It seems windows dont recognize linphone as a sip app

Thanks alot.
Best regards

Sergei Brehm

Re: linphone as default app in windows 10

Peio Rigaux

Hello.

Windows does recognize Linphone as a SIP app.

The association of the app with "sip:" URI is working
The association of the app with "tel:" URI isn't done, because our sip.linphone.org doesn't provide a PSTN gateway (needed for calls to basic tel numbers).
This may change in middle term, but for now we will keep it like this.
If you are using a sip provider with a PSTN, you can edit default settings by following this tutorial (replace Teams with Linphone)

Regards,

Peio Rigaux
Junior Software Engineer
Linphone.org

Le 16/07/2020 à 11:31, Sergei Brehm a écrit :
Hi there,

is it possible to use linphone as default app for telefon numbers?
It seems windows dont recognize linphone as a sip app

Thanks alot.
Best regards

Sergei Brehm

0x99D28356FED78143.asc (3K) Download Attachment