linphone-desktop: How do I answer an incoming call?

linphone-desktop: How do I answer an incoming call?

linphone-users mailing list
I have just "upgraded" to the recent version of linphone-desktop on
Debian testing.

I would give the version here, as indicated by:

$ linphone --help
Usage: linphone [options] [command]
A free (libre) SIP video-phone.

  -h, --help       show this help
  --cli-help       displays the help menu to use Linphone with the CLI
  -v, --version    show app version
  --config <file>  specify the linphone configuration file to be used
  --iconified      start in the system tray, do not show the main interface
  -V, --verbose    log to stdout some debug information while running

Arguments:
  command          send an order to the application towards a command lin

But linphone -v just prints "linphone". So that's the first bug.
I looked in ~/.local/share/linphone/logs/linphone1.log after turning on
logging, but no there is version in there either.

The debian package is 4.2.5-3 and has only been released in the last
week or so, so I think it is the current version.

But to the main point: how do I answer an incoming call???!
I make a test call from another device, and linphone plays in ringtone.
But there is no indication of the incoming call on the GUI and no way to
answer the call? Weird? What is going on?

ael

Re: linphone-desktop: How do I answer an incoming call?

linphone-users mailing list
When a call comes in on my installation, it occupies a corner widget
that is very easy to miss. It seems the widget has a relatively low
Z-index and it makes it difficult to click on.

publickey - masstransitkrow@365stops.org - 20be2ea5.asc (928 bytes) Download Attachment

On Fri, Jan 08, 2021 at 02:02:16PM +0000, Eric Shields | Mass Transit Honchkrow via Linphone-users wrote:

> When a call comes in on my installation, it occupies a corner widget
> that is very easy to miss. It seems the widget has a relatively low
> Z-index and it makes it difficult to click on.
>
> On 1/8/21 8:22 AM, ael via Linphone-users wrote:
> >
> > But to the main point: how do I answer an incoming call???!
> > I make a test call from another device, and linphone plays in ringtone.
> > But there is no indication of the incoming call on the GUI and no way to
> > answer the call? Weird? What is going on?

Thanks for that. I have just tried again after a trip to a supermarket
and indeed a small window popped up in the bottom left of my screen.
I find it hard to believe that I could have missed that before, but
maybe.

I will experiment further.

ael