linphone freezes

John White

About a year ago, I loaded linphone from flatpak and it worked fine in debian stretch. I use it constantly.

I recently updated to debian buster and it still works fine, but,

- on startup linphone takes a long time to load and

- for some reason linphone now periodically freezes the whole machine, requiring a logout.

Any suggestions?

There is an older version of linphone in the buster repositories.

John White

Re: linphone freezes

John White-3

Noticed the flatpak warning on the linphone webcite, so, as the periodic freezing was screwing up regular work, I went back to the older version (3.12) which is in the buster repositories. (3.12.0). Seems to work fine, sans the addresses. Needless to say, I am not to enamored with flatpak right now.

John