linphone installation in Linux

Shephard Revayi
Hie there. Can you please assist me with information on how to install Linphone on my Linux mint 20.04 computer

Re: linphone installation in Linux

Ken-3
I wish you luck my friend... I have never found anyone here who will explain the basics of the Linphone installation.

From the latest I have seen they have abandoned the flatpak version and are now going with an app.image version.

I tried it a few days ago and I did not achieve any success beyond being able to get my SIP account to register but after that.. nothing.

Still no clues as to why it will not work. Someone looked at my log once and told me that the problem was on my SIP provider's end so I wrote to them but all I got back was doubletalk from their tech people.  I have no problem using the Bria softphone but I hate MS Windoze.

My SIP account also will work on a Grandstream hardware phone but not on Linux and I have tried the Zoiper app too with the same results.

Aloha, Ken

On Fri, Sep 18, 2020 at 19:23, Shephard Revayi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hie there. Can you please assist me with information on how to install Linphone on my Linux mint 20.04 computer

Re: linphone installation in Linux

linphone-users mailing list
I've been using the appimage since they moved afay from Flatpak without issue.

What I do for my team:

1.  Download the Appimage file
2.  Move it to a folder under Home called Appimage
3.  Go to file properties and make is Executable under permissions
4.  "Run" the Appimage file and it should work

I then set it up to run at startup.

Paul