linphone is refusing my password

David Pirotte
Hello,

I am facing a disastrous situation, linphone is refusing my password,
no idea why, i didn't  change it

        Desktop 4.1.1 - Qt5.9.0
        Core 3.12.0

Any idea why this happened? Any hint on how to solve the catastrophic
problem?

David

Re: linphone is refusing my password

Stuart D. Gathman
On Thu, 29 Aug 2019, David Pirotte wrote:

> I am facing a disastrous situation, linphone is refusing my password,
> no idea why, i didn't  change it
>
> Desktop 4.1.1 - Qt5.9.0
> Core 3.12.0
>
> Any idea why this happened? Any hint on how to solve the catastrophic
> problem?

Change your password?  Assuming you mean the SIP server at
sip.linphone.org, then goto https://www.linphone.org/freesip/home
and reset your password.

If you mean some other SIP service, then follow their instructions
to reset your password.

Your wording seems to imply that it was working, and then stopped
working.

--
       Stuart D. Gathman <[hidden email]>

Re: linphone is refusing my password

David Pirotte
Hi Stuart,

> > I am facing a disastrous situation, linphone is refusing my
> > password, no idea why, i didn't  change it

> > Desktop 4.1.1 - Qt5.9.0
> > Core 3.12.0

> > Any idea why this happened? Any hint on how to solve the
> > catastrophic problem?

> Change your password?  Assuming you mean the SIP server at
> sip.linphone.org, then goto https://www.linphone.org/freesip/home
> and reset your password.

        I did think about that, but was a bit reluctant to try before
        posting here, because although I very rarely use it, I have a
        mobile which runs the latest f-droid available version of
        linphone, 4.0.1 core 3.12.0-2617-g61e38e370, and which still is
        'registered' - which saves me until I can use the desktop
        version 'again'

But then I just tried, and it still refuse to login using the newly
updated password, on the desktop version.

> Your wording seems to imply that it was working, and then stopped
> working.

Yes, all of a sudden, so to speak, after a resume from sleeping mode,
laptop running debian bullseye, linphone installed a while ago using
flatpak (I run 'update' once in a while, it says I have the latest
version installed ...), it refused to register fro the desktop, while
perfectly doing so from the mobile, in the same 'home' network.

Thanks,
David

Re: linphone is refusing my password

ael-2
On Thu, Aug 29, 2019 at 06:32:44PM -0400, Stuart D. Gathman wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Aug 2019, David Pirotte wrote:
>
> > I am facing a disastrous situation, linphone is refusing my password,
> > no idea why, i didn't  change it
> >
> > Desktop 4.1.1 - Qt5.9.0
> > Core 3.12.0
> >
> > Any idea why this happened? Any hint on how to solve the catastrophic
> > problem?
>
> Change your password?  Assuming you mean the SIP server at
> sip.linphone.org, then goto https://www.linphone.org/freesip/home
> and reset your password.

I am wondering if this is related to a similar problem that I have been
having for around 1 week.

My linphone (running on debian testing) has suddenly started to
repeatedly request my password for sip.linphone.org. It looks like some
sort of (infinite?) loop. Entering the correct password does not help. It
still keeps spawning new windows asking for the password.  And it does
not seem to get registered. I checked my linphone account and even
tried creating a new account. All to no avail.

As far as I can see, the last update of the linphone package was

"dpkg.log.8.gz:2018-12-12 20:51:26 install liblinphone9:amd64 <none>
3.12.0-3"

and I didn't notice any library updates that might be relevant, although
I haven't looked properly. Maybe some kernel change has exposed a bug?

However, I use several sip registrars with linphone, and it has no
problems with connecting to the primarly one. That happens to be
sipgate.

I did have a quick look at linphonerc, and it looks as if that could do
with a clean out, but I haven't seen any documentation on that.

So I am far from clear about what is wrong, but it does seem to
correlate with the original question.

Are there any developers on this list? There don't seem to be many
informed posts here.

ael

Re: linphone is refusing my password

Echedey López Romero
Same problem here. No issues on mobile and desktop from time ago and suddenly It has problems to register on desktop, no problem on mobile.

Regards,
Echedey, López RomeroEl 30 ago. 2019 4:16 a. m., David Pirotte <[hidden email]> escribió:

> Hi Stuart,
>
> > > I am facing a disastrous situation, linphone is refusing my
> > > password, no idea why, i didn't  change it
>
> > > Desktop 4.1.1 - Qt5.9.0
> > > Core 3.12.0
>
> > > Any idea why this happened? Any hint on how to solve the
> > > catastrophic problem?
>
> > Change your password?  Assuming you mean the SIP server at
> > sip.linphone.org, then goto https://www.linphone.org/freesip/home
> > and reset your password.
>
> I did think about that, but was a bit reluctant to try before
> posting here, because although I very rarely use it, I have a
> mobile which runs the latest f-droid available version of
> linphone, 4.0.1 core 3.12.0-2617-g61e38e370, and which still is
> 'registered' - which saves me until I can use the desktop
> version 'again'
>
> But then I just tried, and it still refuse to login using the newly
> updated password, on the desktop version.
>
> > Your wording seems to imply that it was working, and then stopped
> > working.
>
> Yes, all of a sudden, so to speak, after a resume from sleeping mode,
> laptop running debian bullseye, linphone installed a while ago using
> flatpak (I run 'update' once in a while, it says I have the latest
> version installed ...), it refused to register fro the desktop, while
> perfectly doing so from the mobile, in the same 'home' network.
>
> Thanks,
> David

Re: linphone is refusing my password

Echedey López Romero
I also confirm that problem on my case.

Regards,

On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 03:15:09PM +0100, Echedey López Romero wrote:
> Same problem here. No issues on mobile and desktop from time ago and suddenly It has problems to register on desktop, no problem on mobile.

OK. So many of us are seeing this problem. But is anyone at linphone who
might actually be able to something about this listening?

Do they have a bug tracker?

ael

Re: linphone is refusing my password

Echedey López Romero
Their Git repo in their own GitLab instance. https://gitlab.linphone.org/BC/public/linphone-desktop

It has a section to list and report issues.

Regards,
Echedey, López RomeroEl 30 ago. 2019 17:44, ael <[hidden email]> escribió:

> On Fri, Aug 30, 2019 at 03:15:09PM +0100, Echedey López Romero wrote:
> > Same problem here. No issues on mobile and desktop from time ago and suddenly It has problems to register on desktop, no problem on mobile.
>
> OK. So many of us are seeing this problem. But is anyone at linphone who
> might actually be able to something about this listening?
>
> Do they have a bug tracker?
>
> ael

Re: linphone is refusing my password

Echedey López Romero