linphone v.1.1.0 & (outbound) proxy

andreas scherrer
Hi

I have a linphone v.1.1.0 here (running on a debian linux). I try to
make it use a (outbound) proxy (I think).

What I want is get linphone to send *all* SIP-requests to this proxy,
not just to register with it. I found someone with a similar problem in
the mailing list
(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/linphone-users/2005-02/msg00057.html)
and it says:

--- snip ---
If you want all requests to go through your proxy then you need to set
the route, otherwise it just uses your identity defined for this proxy
but does not send the requests through the proxy.
--- snip ---

YES, this is what I want! But setting the route does not seem to help or
the route is not set correctly. I enter the IP of the proxy into the
"Route (optional)" field in the "Proxy/Registrar configuration box"
(accessible through "Settings" -> "SIP" (the tab) -> "Edit" (in the
"Remote services" Section)). See attached picture...

When I reopen the window (after clicking "OK"), the field is emty again.
Is thsi meant to be like that? Can I set the route in the config file
that lives in ~/.gnome2?

Any help would be appreciated
rgds
andreas

Ps.: There is a typo in the navigation (otherwise I would not have
noticed, I am not native english speaker as well) on
http://www.linphone.org/?lang=us&rubrique=1, it's developers, not
developpers.

Screenshot.png (26K) Download Attachment

Re: linphone v.1.1.0 & (outbound) proxy

Simon Morlat
Hi

What exactly did you entered into your route field?
sip:192.168.220.3 ?
or just
192.168.220.3
?
The first is the good one.

Simon

Le Vendredi 4 Novembre 2005 15:04, andreas scherrer a écrit :

> Hi
>
> I have a linphone v.1.1.0 here (running on a debian linux). I try to
> make it use a (outbound) proxy (I think).
>
> What I want is get linphone to send *all* SIP-requests to this proxy,
> not just to register with it. I found someone with a similar problem in
> the mailing list
> (http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/linphone-users/2005-02/msg00057.html)
> and it says:
>
> --- snip ---
> If you want all requests to go through your proxy then you need to set
> the route, otherwise it just uses your identity defined for this proxy
> but does not send the requests through the proxy.
> --- snip ---
>
> YES, this is what I want! But setting the route does not seem to help or
> the route is not set correctly. I enter the IP of the proxy into the
> "Route (optional)" field in the "Proxy/Registrar configuration box"
> (accessible through "Settings" -> "SIP" (the tab) -> "Edit" (in the
> "Remote services" Section)). See attached picture...
>
> When I reopen the window (after clicking "OK"), the field is emty again.
> Is thsi meant to be like that? Can I set the route in the config file
> that lives in ~/.gnome2?
>

> Any help would be appreciated
> rgds
> andreas
>
> Ps.: There is a typo in the navigation (otherwise I would not have
> noticed, I am not native english speaker as well) on
> http://www.linphone.org/?lang=us&rubrique=1, it's developers, not
> developpers.

Re: linphone v.1.1.0 & (outbound) proxy

andreas scherrer
Hi, I tried without the "sip:" prefix. I will try with it asap.

Thank you for the hint!
andreas

on 11/10/2005 04:14 PM Simon Morlat wrote:

> Hi
>
> What exactly did you entered into your route field?
> sip:192.168.220.3 ?
> or just
> 192.168.220.3 ?
> The first is the good one.
>
> Simon
>>
>>What I want is get linphone to send *all* SIP-requests to this proxy,
>>not just to register with it. I found someone with a similar problem in
>>the mailing list
>>(http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/linphone-users/2005-02/msg00057.html)
[...]