looking for initial key dump and gossip partners

looking for initial key dump and gossip partners

Christoph Anton Mitterer-2
Hi list.

I'm about to set up a sks server using Debian's packages on
keyserver.pki.scientia.net.

I've looked through the list for some URIs with where I can get an
initial key dump. But all I've found where orphaned and not working.

I'd also like to (as many as possible?!) gossip partners.

I think I'll be able to provide this service for some longer time (at
least as long traffic doesn't exceed some 200GB or so)...
What I've read in the list is the the average per day is about 100MB?

I'd also like to be added to the pools, once my server is working, but
so far I can only support IPv4.

Thanks
--
Christoph Anton Mitterer
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universit√§t M√ľnchen

smime.p7s (6K) Download Attachment

Re: looking for initial key dump and gossip partners

Johan van Selst
Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:
> I've looked through the list for some URIs with where I can get an
> initial key dump. But all I've found where orphaned and not working.

You can try these ones, which hold up-to-date keydumps:
ftp://ftp.pramberger.at/services/keyserver/keydump/
ftp://ftp.prato.linux.it/pub/keyring/

They are linked from http://www.keysigning.org/sks/ - a site with
a good introduction text on how to get started.

Ciao,
Johan

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: looking for initial key dump and gossip partners

Kiss Gabor (Bitman)
Hi Christoph,

> I'm about to set up a sks server using Debian's packages on
> keyserver.pki.scientia.net.
>
> I've looked through the list for some URIs with where I can get an
> initial key dump. But all I've found where orphaned and not working.

Have you seen this?
http://keysigning.org/sks/

> I'd also like to (as many as possible?!) gossip partners.

Just drop a notice here if your server is already up.

Gabor

Re: looking for initial key dump and gossip partners

Christoph Anton Mitterer-2
Hi.

Thanks for all your information.

In took a little bit longer (I exchanged the hardware of my server, and
used the non-fast-DB-build ;) )... but now it's up and working, at least in
its initial configuration (without fancy website etc.).

Anyway I'd still like to have many more gossip partners. Currently I've
added the following to my list:
www.mainframe.cx 11370
keyserver.gingerbear.net 11370
ice.mudshark.org 11370

It seems as if reconciliation with them works fine.

btw: I get errors like the following:

2009-02-06 09:50:10 <recon as client> callback timed out.
2009-02-06 09:53:17 <recon as client> error in callback.: End_of_file
2009-02-06 10:18:11 <recon as client> error in callback.:
Sys_error("Connection reset by peer")

Re: looking for initial key dump and gossip partners

Christoph Anton Mitterer-2
Hi.

Thanks for all your information.

In took a little bit longer (I exchanged the hardware of my server, and
used the non-fast-DB-build ;) )... but now it's up and working, at least in
its initial configuration (without fancy website etc.).

Anyway I'd still like to have many more gossip partners. Currently I've
added the following to my list:
www.mainframe.cx 11370
keyserver.gingerbear.net 11370
ice.mudshark.org 11370

It seems as if reconciliation with them works fine.

btw: I get errors like the following:
2009-02-06 02:10:14 Malformed entry
2009-02-06 09:50:10 <recon as client> callback timed out.
2009-02-06 09:53:17 <recon as client> error in callback.: End_of_file
2009-02-06 10:18:11 <recon as client> error in callback.:
Sys_error("Connection reset by peer")
What do the mean?

The following is probably that the other peer had me not added to his list,
right?!
2009-02-06 02:31:45 Reconciliation attempt from <ADDR_INET foo:bar> while
gossip disabled. Ignoring.

Regards,
Chris.

btw: sorry if this mail should have been sent multiple times to the list...