master switch

Szépe Viktor

Good morning!

When there is a connection issue in the datacenter where my server is located
Monit sends 1 zillion alerts.

What would be the preferred way to skip all network tests when there
is a network outage?

Thank you.

SZÉPE Viktor, honlap üzemeltetés / Running your application
https://github.com/szepeviktor/debian-server-tools/blob/master/CV.md
--
ügyelet/hotline: +36-20-4242498  [hidden email]  skype: szepe.viktor
Budapest, III. kerület

Re: master switch

Lutz Mader
Hello Viktor,
I disable the "check host" services, if the host is not available.

> When there is a connection issue in the datacenter where my server is
> located
> Monit sends 1 zillion alerts.

I use tests like this, to do this. The first one send alerts or do
somthing and an additional test to disable (unmonitor) the service.

check host Ldap_Host with address my.ldap.de
if failed port 2443 with timeout 30 seconds retry 10 then alert
if failed port 2443 with timeout 30 seconds retry 30 then unmonitor

But it is necessary to enable (monitor) the service after the host is
available again.

A suggestion only.

With regards,
Lutz

Re: master switch

Szépe Viktor
Idézem/Quoting Lutz Mader <[hidden email]>:

> Hello Viktor,
> I disable the "check host" services, if the host is not available.
>
>> When there is a connection issue in the datacenter where my server is
>> located
>> Monit sends 1 zillion alerts.
>
> I use tests like this, to do this. The first one send alerts or do
> somthing and an additional test to disable (unmonitor) the service.
>
> check host Ldap_Host with address my.ldap.de
> if failed port 2443 with timeout 30 seconds retry 10 then alert
> if failed port 2443 with timeout 30 seconds retry 30 then unmonitor
>
> But it is necessary to enable (monitor) the service after the host is
> available again.
>
> A suggestion only.

Thank you.
It works for *one* check.

My question would be about *all network* checks, as a network outage
triggers an alert on all of them.
My monitoring server has 10+ network checks.

SZÉPE Viktor, honlap üzemeltetés / Running your application
https://github.com/szepeviktor/debian-server-tools/blob/master/CV.md
--
ügyelet/hotline: +36-20-4242498  [hidden email]  skype: szepe.viktor
Budapest, III. kerület

Re: master switch

Lutz Mader
Hello Viktor.

> Thank you.
> It works for *one* check.
>
> My question would be about *all network* checks, as a network outage
> triggers an alert on all of them.
> My monitoring server has 10+ network checks.

I use similar unmonitor checks in all my check statements.

But, it's a small environment only, I get some "alerts" only.

With regards,
Lutz