(maybe dumb) licensing question

Karl Yerkes
i have a project that uses tcc as a library. i "use TCC as a backend for dynamic code generation" as mentioned here: https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/tinycc/. it includes libtcc.h and links statically or dynamically to libtcc. what are my licensing options for my project?

thank you.

-- karl

Re: (maybe dumb) licensing question

Daniel Glöckner-2
Hello Karl,

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 07:30:32AM -0700, Karl Yerkes wrote:
> i have a project that uses tcc as a library. i "use TCC as a backend for
> dynamic code generation" as mentioned here:
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/tinycc/. it includes *libtcc.h* and
> links statically or dynamically to *libtcc*. what are my licensing options
> for my project?

for dynamic linking you are free to use any license you want on your
code.

For static linking, your project must be compatible to the LGPL v2 or
later if you target ARM32. Other targets use a more permissive BSD-like
license.

Best regards,

  Daniel