mblaze: an MUA for Maildir.

Ralph Corderoy
Hi,

I've just noticed that Coma's author, Leah Neukirchen, has a new MUA
that work on Maildir folders, influenced by MH.  I thought it might
interest some here.  https://github.com/leahneukirchen/mblaze#readme

Cheers, Ralph.

Re: mblaze: an MUA for Maildir.

Oliver Kiddle
I'm fairly sure they announced it on this list some time back.

For me, it solves the issue of wanting to use the command-line for mail in
general but also being able to access mail from a mobile phone (or HTML capable
mail client) using Maildir backed dovecot and IMAP.

The basic approach of having what would be a sequence in MH implemented as a
file containing a list of message files works well. Being able to get a
threaded list of messages is really useful, and fast. Integration with other
tools like notmuch for searching is easier than for nmh.

I still use nmh for viewing and composing messages via wrapper shell functions,
however. mblaze lacks the flexibility of mh-format and the hard coded defaults
weren't to my taste. But it is a very capable tool.

Oliver

Re: mblaze: an MUA for Maildir.

Ralph Corderoy
Hi Oliver,

> I'm fairly sure they announced it on this list some time back.

You're quite right, in 2017.
https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/nmh-workers/2017-06/msg00029.html

--
Cheers, Ralph.