mhfixmsg defies the principle of last surprise?

mhfixmsg defies the principle of last surprise?

Valdis Klētnieks
So trying to debug why a message got eaten by procmail.  Fortunately,
I've been keeping copies because I didn't trust my use of mhfixmsg yet.

grep fix ~/.,mh_profile    comes up empty, no hits.  $LANG=en_US.UTF-8
Running a git pull from March 9, HEAD was:

commit 8ff517b106543e9f8fe77ed152491a84e6d85bbe
Author: David Levine <[hidden email]>
Date:   Sat Feb 27 11:44:51 2016 -0500

    Updated date on mh-folders(5) man page.

The commandline: mhfixmsg -file - -outfile - < t1 > t2

when it hits this in t1:

--=_alternative 002EDD9148257F79_=

cheerfully removes the body part entirely.

(and does so as well with the second body part, which is:

--=_alternative 002EDD9148257F79_=

which leaves precious little intact:

% tail t2

--=_alternative  002EDD9148257F79_=--
%

Yee-hah.  One alternative marker, and that's it for the body.

Re: mhfixmsg defies the principle of last surprise?

David Levine-3
Valdis wrote:

> So trying to debug why a message got eaten by procmail.

What does "mhlist -file t1" say about the message?  mhfixmsg -verbose?

Would you please send me some reasonably complete extract of the message so that I can debug it?

David

On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 11:38:01 -0400, David Levine said:
> Valdis wrote:
>
> > So trying to debug why a message got eaten by procmail.
>
> What does "mhlist -file t1" say about the message?  mhfixmsg -verbose?
>
> Would you please send me some reasonably complete extract of the message so that I can debug it?

Sending you the message as an attachment via private e-mail.

Valdis wrote:

> Sending you the message as an attachment via private e-mail.

The MIME boundaries didn't match, and the one at the end of the message was broken across two lines.  mhlist did notice.

I committed a fix to mhfixmsg to not modify the message.  At all.  Thanks.

David