[monit-dev] An apology and Monit status update

[monit-dev] An apology and Monit status update

Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Hi all

I apologize for the large amount of email that was sent to the list from subversion. This wont happen again - I have set repository notification to go to an internal email address instead.

The reason for this frenzy of emails is that I'm in the process of refactoring Monit. The first result of this work should be a new 'check program' statement which will allow Monit to check the status of an external program. It will work as a simple plugin system for Monit. This new function will be released with a new version of Monit in 1-2 weeks.

The actual work of rewriting Monit will take longer and the approach we will use is to introduce a new libmonit which gradually will replace existing Monit code with high quality and modern (C99) code from M/Monit.

The long-term goal is to reduce the source code of Monit to basically a parser for the configuration language and a validator which will run the different checks. The rest of the code will be moved into libmonit.

Best regards
--
Jan-Henrik Haukeland
http://tildeslash.com/