[monit-dev] Settle feature

David Kohen
Hi,
Last year I submitted a patch for I feature I called "settle" that allows for a time since the start-up of a daemon until the time it is tested.
I was told it should be added to the version following 5.3 and didn't hear anything since.

Right now we are using an old version (5.2.5) and we would like to update to an official version that includes this feature as it is very difficult for us to work without this feature.

Is this feature still due in future versions? Are there updated estimations as to when this version may arrive?

--

David Kohen
Waze IFS team.

Re: [monit-dev] Settle feature

Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Yes, I remember and thank you for the patch. What we plan to do is change the whole poll-cycle based engine in Monit. Instead of cycles we'll use "wall-clock" time so each service can be tested individually at different times. The current every statement with its cron-like feature indicate what we plan. I believe this may also help with your problem and render settle unnecessary. If not, the new engine will make it easier to add this feature.

If you look at the source code for Monit now you will see that we are in the process of refactoring and changing stuff. Most notably we have introduced libmonit with high-quality code which is a stepping stone for our refactoring plans. Refactoring of the engine hasn't started yet, but will soon.