mouse wheel no longer scrolls on latest version of evince 3.10 in sid as well as built 3.11

mouse wheel no longer scrolls on latest version of evince 3.10 in sid as well as built 3.11

Mitchell Laks-2
Hi,
I have been using stumpwm for several years and am very happy.
I just noticed a change in sid. The new version of evince
which is a pdf viewer
no longer scrolls up and down the page while running under stumpwm.
I reported to evince upstream and they denied it as a problem on their end.
when i opened up lxde icewm gnome etc it worked normally.
evince 3.4 under  stumpwm (debian wheezy) was fine.
only when i upgraded 3.10 or even using jhbuild latest 3.11 same behavior.

any idea what the change in mouse handeling that would affect this application.
I have not noticed other applications.
thus qpdfview works with normal scroll behavior and okular.
thanks
confirmed by alezost on the irc.freenode.org #stumpwm list
mitchell laks