mtn-host.prjek.net going away

Tim Brownawell
mtn-host.prjek.net has been unmaintained for far too long, and is almost
unused (no more than 5 projects touched this year). I'll be making it
read-only in mid-November, and then taking it the rest of the way down
at the end of the year.

Re: mtn-host.prjek.net going away

Brian May-11

That was suppose to be a list reply, but replied privately
instead. Retry.

Timothy Brownawell <[hidden email]> writes:

> mtn-host.prjek.net has been unmaintained for far too long, and is almost
> unused (no more than 5 projects touched this year). I'll be making it
> read-only in mid-November, and then taking it the rest of the way down
> at the end of the year.

Seems said :-(

I guess Git has overtaken Monotone.

Thanks for creating it and looking after the website for as long as you
have. It was very useful when I still actively used monotone.
--
Brian May <[hidden email]>

Re: [Monotone-users] mtn-host.prjek.net going away

Justin Handville
Sure, git is popular.  But, monotone is still a great VCS.

Don't worry about which is more popular.  Alternatives are always
needed.  As long as the monotone development team continues making
this tool better, it will have supporters.

There is still a lot that can be done to refresh and even improve upon
this tool.  I still personally prefer monotone over any other
distributed VCS out there, and I'm sure that there are others who
agree.  All that has changed for me is that I export my internal
checkins to git for popular consumption.

I've used this tool since 2003, pretty close to the first release.
Other than the rare hiccup during those early development days, this
tool has been rock solid from the very beginning.

To the monotone developers, I say, great work with this tool, and I
hope you continue improving upon it.

- Justin