muse-wiki instead of planner.el ?

Xavier Maillard-6
Hi,

Just a quick and goofy question: did any of you try to replace planner
with a simple muse-wiki pageset ?
I mean, maintain special pages like: Today, Tomorrow, NextWeek, ...

I know there are plenty of GTD fanboys but GTD do not work for me (my
organization/planning is really a mess) and I'd rather want "free form"
and make heavy use of links. This method has a name: CyberPocket.

Using muse-wiki to plan suppose muse has a good and efficient
tagging/backlink support (which it does not at the moment AFAIK).

Also while at it, do you know, taking a date, I can obtain the week number
?

Regards
--
Utilisant le client e-mail révolutionnaire d'Opera :
http://www.opera.com/mail/

Re: [Muse-el-discuss] muse-wiki instead of planner.el ?

Michael Olson-2
gmane <[hidden email]> writes:

> Using muse-wiki to plan suppose muse has a good and efficient
> tagging/backlink support (which it does not at the moment AFAIK).

(require 'muse-backlink)

--
|       Michael Olson  |  FSF Associate Member #652     |
| http://mwolson.org/  |  Hobbies: Lisp, HCoop          |

Re: muse-wiki instead of planner.el ?

Xavier Maillard-6
Le Sun, 05 Oct 2008 19:31:08 +0200, Michael Olson <[hidden email]> a
écrit:

> gmane <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> Using muse-wiki to plan suppose muse has a good and efficient
>> tagging/backlink support (which it does not at the moment AFAIK).
>
> (require 'muse-backlink)

Hmm, well it is really ... basic backlink support. (I know I could send a
patch and stop complaining).

Regards
--
Utilisant le client e-mail révolutionnaire d'Opera :
http://www.opera.com/mail/

Re: muse-wiki instead of planner.el ?

Bill White-5
On Sun Oct 05 2008 at 02:38, gmane <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a quick and goofy question: did any of you try to replace planner
> with a simple muse-wiki pageset ?
> I mean, maintain special pages like: Today, Tomorrow, NextWeek, ...
>
> I know there are plenty of GTD fanboys but GTD do not work for me (my
> organization/planning is really a mess) and I'd rather want "free form"
> and make heavy use of links. This method has a name: CyberPocket.
>
> Using muse-wiki to plan suppose muse has a good and efficient
> tagging/backlink support (which it does not at the moment AFAIK).
>
> Also while at it, do you know, taking a date, I can obtain the week number?

Here's one way:

(calendar-iso-from-absolute (calendar-absolute-from-gregorian '(11 14
2008))) => (46 5 2008), which means day 5 of ISO week 46 of 2008.

Offhand, I don't recall how to convert the output of (current-time) to a
gregorian or absolute date, so I've typed today's date by hand above.

Cheers -

bw
--
Bill White . [hidden email] . http://members.wolfram.com/billw